Mr Mifsud is a fully certified Consultant Paediatric Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgeon working at the world-renowned Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre in Oxford.
He undertook subspecialist clinical fellowships in Paediatric Orthopaedics and in Limb Reconstruction in Oxford, and another in Sarcoma and Joint Reconstruction in London at the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital (Stanmore). He also undertook a research fellowship in neuromuscular conditions in children in the Toronto at the Hospital for Sick Children.
He now has a busy consultant practice in Paediatric Orthopaedics in Oxford, with a sub-specialist interest and in Disorders of the Hip and lower limbs, Limb Reconstruction and Bone Infection, and Tumours.
Mr Mifsud has particular expertise in:
- Neuromuscular disorders including cerebral palsy
- Bone tumours and complex joint reconstruction in children and young adults
- Hip disorders (including dysplasia) in children, adolescent and young adults
- Disorders of the paediatric knee, foot and ankle
- Limb deformities and bone infections
- Paediatric trauma
He is an experienced educator at under- and post-graduate level, holding a Visiting University Lecturer position. He continues to publish articles and invited chapters in his areas of interest, as well as give talks at national and international conferences.
Treatments offered by Mr Mifsud:
- Clinical assessment and investigation of all Paediatric Orthopaedic and Young Adult conditions except Spinal issues
- Hip reconstruction and preservation surgery
- Open and arthroscopic (keyhole) knee surgery
- Tendon transfers
- Corrective osteotomies
- Treatment of Paediatric trauma and injuries
- Foot and ankle surgery
- Treatment of flat feet and other foot disorders
- General Medical Council
- Royal College of Surgeons
- British Society for Children’s Orthopaedic Surgery
- European Paediatric Orthopaedic Society
Insurers Mr Max Mifsud works with
Mr Max Mifsud works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA Health