Mr Potter is a UK trained Plastic Surgeon. He qualified as a doctor in 1997 and gained his membership of the Royal College of Surgeons of England in 2001. He passed his Plastic Surgical exams (FRCS Plast) in 2009. He has been a Consultant Plastic Surgeon from 2012. His principal NHS Practice is at the Oxford University Hospitals NHS Trust.
His training in Plastic Surgery has been in London, Oxford and Australia. Mr Potter spent the last two years of his training within the UK and Australia learning advanced techniques in cosmetic surgery.
Mr Potter performs the following treatments at Nuffield Health Oxford, The Manor Hospital:
- Breast augmentation
- Brow lift surgery
- Buttock lift
- Blepharoplasty - Upper eyelid blepharoplasty & lower eyelid blepharoplasty
- Dermatology treatments
- Face lift & Mid face lift
- Neck lift
- Facial peels
- Botulinum toxin injections
- Lip lift
- Ear - pinnaplasty/otoplasty
- Brachioplasty - Arm reduction surgery
Mr Potter’s specialised areas of interest include; Skin lesions and Head and Neck lesions.
His cosmetic specialist interests include; cosmetic surgery to the face and eyes, breast reduction surgery/augmentation and body contouring procedures.
Cycling, duathlon, tennis, karate and spending time with his kids.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Matthew Potter at Nuffield Health
- Body contouring
- Breast uplift (mastopexy)
- Breast reconstruction
- Arm reduction (Brachioplasty)
- Dermatological surgery
- Breast augmentation (enlargement)
- Mole assessment
- Blepharoplasty (Eyelid Reshaping)
- Dermal fillers
- Fine needle biopsy
- Buttock lift
- Cubital tunnel release
- Brow lift
Mr Potter’s research interests include;
- Research into artificial skin. This research MD, undertaken at University College London, was awarded an Huntarian Professorship. This research also gained two research grants and a project grant.
- Plasma Skin resurfacing for facial rejuvenation. Awarded “The best student/resident paper at The 25th Annual Meeting of the ASLMS, Florida.”
- Publishing and presenting the largest series of UK cutaneous SCC skin cancers treated by Plastic Surgeons. This research assessed the present guidelines and provided evidence for change
- Developing techniques of head and neck reconstruction that minimise donor site problems.
- Royal College of Surgeons of England
- British Medical Association
- British Association of Head and Neck Oncologists
Other post held
- Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Oxford University Hospitals NHS Trust
Insurers Mr Matthew Potter works with
Mr Matthew Potter works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- The Exeter Friendly
- Healix Healthcare
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr Matthew Potter does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Matthew Potter does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Matthew Potter does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.