Mr Button was appointed as Consultant General and Vascular Surgeon at Brighton & Sussex University Hospitals Trust in July 2009 and also currently practices at both the Nuffield Health Brighton and Nuffield Health Haywards Heath Hospitals as a Consultant Vascular and General Surgeon.
He completed his surgical training in London and East Anglia followed by a fellowship at St Mary's Hospital in Paddington – a Vascular Unit specialising in open and endovascular treatment of complex aneurysms as well as endovenous treatments for varicose veins.
Mr Button specialises in vascular and endovascular surgery including peripheral arterial disease, aneurysm surgery, carotid disease and treatment of venous disease and vein access, as well as general surgery including hernia repair, removal of lumps and bumps and ingrowing toenails.
Rifle shooting and running
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Matthew Button at Nuffield Health
- Skin grafts for leg ulcers
- Foam sclerotherapy for varicose veins
- Ingrown toenail (and ingrown toenail surgery)
- Endovenous laser treatment for varicose veins
- AAA (abdominal aortic aneurysm)
- Radiofrequency (RF) Ablation for Varicose Veins
- Aortofemoral bypass
- Arterial Surgery
- Excision of skin lesion
- Carotid surgery
At the Royal Free Hospital, Mr Button investigated the potential to create a bypass graft by tissue engineering techniques using patients own venous smooth muscle cells. He presented this work in Europe and the USA winning the Patey prize for academic and research surgery in 2003.
- Fellow Royal College of Surgeons
- The Vascular Society/European Society of Vascular & Endovascular Surgery
- Medical Protection Society
Other posts held
- Consultant General and Vascular Surgeon at Brighton & Sussex University Hospitals Trust
Insurers Mr Matthew Button works with
Mr Matthew Button works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Medical Care Direct
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr Matthew Button does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Matthew Button does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Matthew Button does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.