- Specialities General Surgery, Vascular and endovascular surgery
- Telephone 01273 627 007 (Brighton) 01444 456 999 Ext 338 (Haywards Heath) 01273 627064 (Medical Secretary)
- Year of first qualification 1995
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org HaywardsHeath.email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
- GMC Number 4192648
- Website http://www.sussexvascular.com
- Fax 01273 627 040 (Brighton) / 01444 476 778 (Haywards Heath)
Mr Button was appointed as Consultant General and Vascular Surgeon at Brighton & Sussex University Hospitals Trust in July 2009 and also currently practices at both the Nuffield Health Brighton and Nuffield Health Haywards Heath Hospitals as a Consultant Vascular and General Surgeon.
He completed his surgical training in London and East Anglia followed by a fellowship at St Mary's Hospital in Paddington – a Vascular Unit specialising in open and endovascular treatment of complex aneurysms as well as endovenous treatments for varicose veins.
Mr Button specialises in vascular and endovascular surgery including peripheral arterial disease, aneurysm surgery, carotid disease and treatment of venous disease, endoscopic thorascopic sympathecetomy and vein access as well as general surgery including hernia repair, removal of lumps and bumps and ingrowing toenails.
- Bi Weekly Monday PM (Brighton)
- Tuesday AM by arrangement (Brighton)
- Thursday AM by arrangement (Brighton)
- Bi Weekly Monday PM (Haywards Heath)
- Bi Weekly Thursday AM (Haywards Heath)
- Consultant General and Vascular Surgeon at Brighton &
- Sussex University Hospitals Trust
Rifle shooting and running
- Fellow Royal College of Surgeons
- The Vascular Society/European Society of Vascular &
- Endovascular Surgery
- Medical Protection Society
At the Royal Free Hospital, Mr Button investigated the potential to create a bypass graft by tissue engineering techniques using patients own venous smooth muscle cells. He presented this work in Europe and the USA winning the Patey prize for academic and research surgery in 2003.
DeclarationMr Matthew Button works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Medical Care Direct
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr Matthew Button does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Matthew Button does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Matthew Button does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.