Mr. Mark Frame is an internationally fellowship trained orthopaedic knee surgeon working as a consultant in the NHS at University Hospital Southampton, one of the largest university teaching hospitals on the south coast of England and a major trauma centre (MTC) covering a population of over 3.7 million people.
After completing his training in the West of Scotland, Mr. Frame carried out the Zimmer Orthopaedic Knee fellowship under Professor David Barrett and Mr. Philip Chapman-Sheath at University Hospital Southampton. He has also completed fellowships in Parkland Hospital, Dallas, Texas in trauma surgery under Dr. Adam Starr, in Harvard University’s Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston under the world famous Dr. David Ring and in Lyon, France under Dr. David Dejour the pioneer of the trochleoplasty and world expert in the treatment of patellofemoral maltracking (dislocating knee caps)
Mr. Frame operates on a full range of knee problems from sports injuries and trauma to joint replacement surgery for arthritis.
Contact us for more information: email@example.com
Mr Frame specialises in the following treatments at the Nuffield Health Wessex Hospital:
All knee surgery including partial resurfacing, ligament surgery (ACL), revision surgery, dislocating knee caps.
Qualified Ski Instructor, Running, Sailing, Hockey
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Mark Frame at Nuffield Health
- Knee replacement revision
- Knee surgery (ACL repair)
- Cartilage resurfacing
- Knee arthroscopy
- Joint resurfacing
- Tibial osteotomy
- Cartilage reconstruction
- Trauma Surgery
- Image guided joint injections
- Bone Graft
Mr Frame's research interests include the creation of computer 3D printed surgical models from CT and MRI scans. He has received national press and coverage for this research.
- A Novel Method Of Preventing Embedded Metal Debris When High-Speed Burring Of Metal Implants Using Water-Based Lubrication Gel, M Frame, K.B. Ferguson and B Jones - Bone Joint 2014 vol. 96-B no. SUPP 7 4
- DIY 3D Printing of Custom Orthopaedic Implants: A Proof Of Concept Study, M C Frame, Bone Joint J 2014 vol. 96-B no. SUPP 11 322
- DIY 3D Printing of Custom Orthopaedic Implants: A Proof of Concept Study, M C Frame, W J Leach, Journal of Surgical Technology International, January 2014, Vol 25
- Rapid Prototyping in Orthopaedic Surgery - A User's Guide, M.C. Frame, J.S. Huntley, J Bone, Joint Surg Br Orthopaedic Proceedings, June 2012 94-B: 9-9
- A Novel Technique For Pre-Operative Planning of Severe Acetabular Defects During Revision Hip Arthroplasty, N. Sciberras, M.C. Frame, R.G. Bharadwaj, G Holt, M.A. Khan, Bone Joint J 2013 vol. 95-B no. SUPP 30 63
Other post held
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at University hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust
Insurers Mr Mark Frame works with
Mr Mark Frame works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Tesco Bank
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Mr Mark Frame does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Mark Frame does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Mark Frame does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.