- Specialities General Surgery, Key Hole Surgery, Vascular and endovascular surgery
- Telephone 01273 627 007 (Brighton enquiries) / 01444 456 999 Ext 338 (Haywards Heath) / 01273 627064
- Year of first qualification 1992
- Email email@example.com / HaywardsHeath.firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
English and Arabic
- GMC Number 5201046
- Fax 01273 627003 (Brighton) / 01444 476 778 (Haywards Heath)
Mr Salman has been a consultant since 2010. His training was completed in the North East Thames region finishing with posts at The Royal Free Hospital. While he maintained a general training, he also developed a particular interest in endovenous treatments, complex aneurysm surgery and carotid surgery, both open and endovascular. In addition he has an interest in laparoscopic hernia repair, both primary and recurrent in addition to incisional hernia repair.
- By arrangement
- Royal Sussex County Hospital
- Varicose veins
- Carotid & aortic disease
- Peripheral arterial disease
- Laparoscopic hernia repair
Football and swimming
- Vascular Society of Great Britain and Ireland
- Vascular Access Society of Britain and Ireland
- British Association of Endocrine &
- Thyroid Surgeons
- Medical and Dental Defence Union of Scotland
Mr Salman undertook a period of dedicated research between 2000-2003. He investigated preconditioning in skeletal muscle, and developed a reproducible in vivo model of ischaemia-reperfusion injury and ischaemic preconditioning. He also looked at the pharmacological basis of preconditioning.
His MD thesis was awarded by University College London in 2008.
DeclarationMr Mahmoud Salman works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Medical Care Direct
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr Mahmoud Salman does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Mahmoud Salman does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Mahmoud Salman does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.