Mr Salman has been a consultant since 2010. His training was completed in the North East Thames region finishing with posts at The Royal Free Hospital. While he maintained a general training, he also developed a particular interest in endovenous treatments, complex aneurysm surgery and carotid surgery, both open and endovascular. In addition he has an interest in laparoscopic hernia repair, both primary and recurrent in addition to incisional hernia repair.
- Varicose veins
- Carotid & aortic disease
- Peripheral arterial disease
- Laparoscopic hernia repair
Football and swimming
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Mahmoud Salman at Nuffield Health
- Skin grafts for leg ulcers
- Foam sclerotherapy for varicose veins
- Ingrown toenail (and ingrown toenail surgery)
- Endovenous laser treatment for varicose veins
- AAA (abdominal aortic aneurysm)
- Aortofemoral bypass
- Laparoscopic incisional hernia repair
- Hernia repair
- Carotid surgery
- Radiofrequency (RF) Ablation for Varicose Veins
- Hernia unilateral
- Arterial Surgery
Mr Salman undertook a period of dedicated research between 2000-2003. He investigated preconditioning in skeletal muscle, and developed a reproducible in vivo model of ischaemia-reperfusion injury and ischaemic preconditioning. He also looked at the pharmacological basis of preconditioning.
His MD thesis was awarded by University College London in 2008.
- Vascular Society of Great Britain and Ireland
- Vascular Access Society of Britain and Ireland
- British Association of Endocrine &
- Thyroid Surgeons
- Medical and Dental Defence Union of Scotland
Other posts held
- Royal Sussex County Hospital
Insurers Mr Mahmoud Salman works with
Mr Mahmoud Salman works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Medical Care Direct
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr Mahmoud Salman does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Mahmoud Salman does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Mahmoud Salman does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.