Mr Anandan completed the higher surgical training in Ophthalmology at the Oxford rotation in December 2008. In this position, he gained comprehensive general ophthalmic training.
He specialised in Cornea and Anterior Segment during his fellowship at Royal Perth Hospital, Western Australia between January 2007 and January 2008. During the fellowship, he gained considerable experience in corneal transplantation, ocular surface disease management and refractive laser surgery.
He also undertook a honorary fellow in the Moorfield Eye Hospital Cornea Department to improve his experience in ocular surface disease before joining Royal Derby Hospital.
- Cataract Surgery with Premium Lenses
- Multifocal Lens Implants
- Toric Lens Implants
- Refractive Lens Exchange (Clear Lens Extraction)
- Laser Eye Surgery (Smile, Lasik & Lasek)
- Glaucoma Management and Followup including Visual Fields
- Dry Eye Management
- Stye and Eye Lid Cyst Removal
Cataract, cornea and external eye disease, glaucoma, refractive laser surgery, dry eyes.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Maghizh Anandan at Nuffield Health
- Laser eye surgery (or myopia treatment)
- Excimer laser treatment
- Cataract Surgery
Mr Anandan's research interests have concentrated on cataract surgery and cornea and in particular, on the best means of ensuring excellent unaided (glasses-free) vision following surgery. He ran two random control trials:
- Recurrent corneal erosion syndrome
- Aspheric Intraocular lenses
- Royal College of Ophthalmologists, London
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- Oxford Ophthalmologic Congress
Other posts held
- Consultant Ophthalmologist, Royal Derby Hospital
Mr Maghizh Anandan does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Maghizh Anandan has the following interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital:
Mr Maghizh Anandan has indicatied that he has the following interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health Hospital: The Verion TM Image Guided System, Pentacam , VisuMax and MEL 90 Excimer Laser Refractive Platform and CRS-Master.
Mr Maghizh Anandan does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.