Mr Lee Taylor is a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon with more than 20 years of experience, in elective and emergency orthopaedic surgery. He holds fellowships in Spinal Surgery and Hip and Knee Reconstruction in Australia.
Mr Taylor is also listed on the Medicolegal Experts Register.
Some of Mr Taylor's professional achievements include:
- Appointment as Huntarian Professor (Royal College of Surgeons of England)
- Winner of the Jacksonian Prize (Royal College of Surgeons of England)
- Designer and Developer of the "Olympia" anatomic hip replacement now in its 14th year of use and fully accredited by NICE.
Special interest areas include: Primary/revision hip replacement surgery, primary knee replacement surgery, acute knee injuries and arthroscopic knee ligament and reconstruction (sports injuries)
Mr Taylor performs the following treatments at Nuffield Health Chichester Hospital:
- Adult Hip and Knee Reconstruction (Replacement) and Arthroscopic Knee Ligament Reconstruction
- Sports Injuries
Sports especially skiing, tennis and golf. All music including opera.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Lee Taylor at Nuffield Health
- Knee surgery (ACL repair)
- Knee replacement revision
- Knee replacement
- Knee arthroscopy
- Manipulation under anaesthesia (MUA)
- Hip revision
- Meniscectomy for meniscus tear
- Hip replacement
- Facet joint injections
- Hip arthroscopy
- Bone Graft
- Achilles repair or reconstruction
- Tibial osteotomy
- Epidural injection for pain relief
- Image guided joint injections
Mr Taylor has written multiple articles, chapters in textbooks and presentations that have appeared in respected publications throughout his career. He has been an invited speaker at International meetings and visiting invited surgeon.
Main recent publications include:
- The Olympia Anatomic Hip Replacement
- Long-term follow-up of the Sportorno Uncemented Hip Replacement
- The surgical management of back pain and Sciatica
- Steroid Induced Avascular Necrosis of Bone
- Royal College of Surgeons of England
- British Orthopaedic Association
- Full CRB Accreditation
- Medical Protection Society
Other posts held
- Consultant, Orthopaedics and Trauma at Nuffield Health Chichester Hospital
Insurers Mr Lee Taylor works with
Mr Lee Taylor works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA - Global Healthcare
- AXA Health
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Freedom Health
- Medical Care Direct
- Tesco Bank
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Mr Lee Taylor does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Lee Taylor has the following interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital:
Mr Taylor is a design surgeon for the Olympia Hip Replacement system and receives royalties for his intellectual property, but this specifically excludes any implants or instruments used in any hospitals at which he works.
Mr Lee Taylor holds the following paid advisory role(s) either at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health:
Mr Taylor is a member of the Nuffield Health Expert Advisory Group who provide project specific advisory services on an as required basis. EAG members are paid a day rate of £1,000 or an hourly rate of £150 plus reasonable expenses incurred.