Mr Wijesinghe qualified from Cambridge University with the Lewin Prize in Surgery. He trained at several large vascular units including Leeds and Hull, gaining the Gold Medal of the Association of Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland. He has been a consultant vascular surgeon since 2002, served on the Council of the Vascular Society and examines for the Royal College of Surgeons of England and the European Board of Vascular Surgery. He is Regional Specialist Professional Advisor for the RCS. His specialist interests include varicose veins, peripheral arterial disease, aneurysms and surgical education. He submits all his major cases to the National Vascular Registry. He is a keen cricketer and volunteers for several organisations in the UK and abroad.
Educational and Clinical Supervisor for junior doctors and surgical trainees. Mr Wijesinghe is treasurer of the South West Vascular Society.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Lasantha Wijesinghe at Nuffield Health
- Carotid surgery
- Peripheral arterial stenting
- Thoracoscopic sympathectomy
- Carotid endarterectomy
- Arterial Surgery
- Chemical Sympathectomy
- Carotid doppler
- Foam sclerotherapy for varicose veins
- Skin grafts for leg ulcers
- AAA (abdominal aortic aneurysm)
- Radiofrequency (RF) Ablation for Varicose Veins
- Endovenous laser treatment for varicose veins
- Thread vein treatment (sclerotherapy)
- Aortic aneurysm repair
- Endovascular Aneurysm Repair (EVAR)
- Endovascular treatment
Mr Wijesinghe has published in peer reviewed journals and books on all aspects of vascular surgery. He continues to direct the research of junior surgeons in training
- Vascular Society of Great Britain and Ireland
- European Society of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery
- Association of Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland
- Fellow Royal College of Surgeons of England
Other post held
- Consultant Vascular Surgeon, Royal Bournemouth Hospital
- Visiting Fellow, Bournemouth University
Insurers Mr Lasantha Wijesinghe works with
Mr Lasantha Wijesinghe works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Benenden Health
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
Mr Lasantha Wijesinghe does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Lasantha Wijesinghe does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Lasantha Wijesinghe does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.