- Specialities Orthopaedics, Joint replacement
- Telephone 02920 836751
- Year of first qualification 1989
- Email email@example.com
English, Hindu and Bengali
- GMC Number 4495987
- Fax 01443 449222
Khitish obtained his basic surgical training in Bombay, India before moving to Wales in 1995/1996. He joined the All Wales Training Programme and trained in various hospitals in Wales before passing his FRCS in Trauma & Orthopaedics in 2001.
Khitish then spent an year at Robert Jonesand Agnes Hunt Hospital, Oswestry and gained experience in complex hip and knee replacement surgery.
In 2002 Khitish travelled to Calgary, Canada and obtained a fellowship in orthopaedic trauma specialising in pelvic conditions and acetabular fracture surgery and also complex trauma surgery. Khitish has been a full-time consultant at Cardiff & Vale University Hospital Board since 2004.
Khitish carries out a high volume of hip replacements, knee replacements, knee arthroscopy. He specialises in post pregnancy pelvic instability, pelvic fracture surgery. He is a pioneer of percutaneous sacroiliac joint stabilisation/fusion and has carried out more than 150 such procedures. Khitish has published his results on SI joint fusion in various peer review journals.
Mr Mohanty performs the following treatments at Nuffield Health, The Vale Hospital
- Weekly Monday 08:30 - 12:30 (Cardiff Bay)
- Bi Weekly Wednesday 09:00 - 12:00 (Vale)
- Bi Weekly Thursday 09:00 -12:30 (Cardiff Bay)
- Consultant Trauma &
- Orthopaedic Surgeon, Cardiff &
- Vale University Hospital Board
- SI Joint fusion
- Post pregnancy pelvic instability
- Complex fracture surgery
Medium to long distance running and golf.
- British Orthopaedic Association
- British Trauma Society
- AO Trauma
- Orthopaedic Trauma Society
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
Khitish has published in peer review journals extensively on pelvic fractures, SI joint stabilisation and various topics related to trauma.