Mr Ken Metcalf is a Fellow of both the Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists and the Royal College of Surgeons.
He obtained his MD Research Doctorate with Imperial Cancer Research in relation to studies on ovarian cancer.
He has undertaken additional postgraduate fellowship programmes in gynaecological surgery in both England and Australia and is an RCOG registered and accredited specialist surgeon for the management of gynaecological cancer.
He is a consultant gynaecologist at Southampton University Trust. For the last 10 years Mr Metcalf has been the Lead Clinician for Colposcopy and Gynaecological Oncology Services at Southampton University Hospital. Recently, he has been appointed as the Lead Clinician for all cancer services at Southampton University Hospital. Mr Metcalf is also a visiting gynaecological consultant to Winchester and Salisbury District Hospitals.
- Monday 08:30 - 13:00
- Thursday 18:00 - 21:00
- Consultant Gynaecologist, Southampton University Hospital
His main areas of interest are as follows:
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding
- Vulval skin problems
- Abnormalities of the cervix, including the management of abnormal smears and colposcopy
- Postmenopausal bleeding
- Ovarian cancer screening, risk assessment and prophylactic surgery
- Gynaecological cancer surgery
- Vulval skin cancer
- Cervical cancer
- Endometrial/uterine cancer
- Ovarian cancer
- International Gynaecological Cancer Society
- British Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology
- British Gynaecological Cancer Society
- Royal College of Surgeons
- Fellow, Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
DeclarationMr Kenneth Metcalf works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Freedom Health
- Medical Care Direct
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Mr Kenneth Metcalf does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Kenneth Metcalf does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Kenneth Metcalf holds the following paid advisory role(s) either at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health:
Mr Kenneth Metcalf is a member of the Nuffield Health Expert Advisory Group who provide project specific advisory services on an as required basis. EAG members are paid a day rate of £1,000 or an hourly rate of £150 plus reasonable expenses incurred.