Mr Herold has been a Consultant Maxillofacial Surgeon within the Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals NHS Trust since 1995. He completed his initial training at the University of Bristol School of Dentistry in 1977 followed by further studies at St Batholomew's Hospital Medical College from 1983 to 1987.
From 1992 to 1995, Mr Herold was a Senior Registrar in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery in Northern Ireland prior to his current position with BSUH, which involves a wide range of oral and maxillofacial surgery. This includes head and neck malignancy, head and neck deformity, facial trauma, salivary gland disease, dento alveolar pathology, temporomandibular joint disease and oro-facial pain.
Dento alveolar surgery, facial deformity and head and neck cancer.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Jim Herold at Nuffield Health
- Mole removal
- Reconstructive surgery
- Removing wisdom teeth
- Submandibular gland removal
- Tooth Removal (Extraction)
- Parotid gland removal (parotidectomy)
- Chin reshaping (Genioplasty)
- British Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- British Dental Association
- British Medical Association
- British Association of Head and Neck Oncologists
Other post held
- Consultant Maxillofacial and Oral Surgeon, Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals NHS Trust
- Consultant Maxillofacial and Oral Surgeon, Nuffield Health Haywards Heath Hospital
- Consultant Maxillofacial and Oral Surgeon, Nuffield Health Brighton Hospital
Insurers Mr Jim Herold works with
Mr Jim Herold works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Freedom Health
- Medical Care Direct
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr Jim Herold does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Jim Herold does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Jim Herold does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.