- Specialities Urology, Urodynamics, Uro-oncology, Urological Cancer, Urological Surgery, Men's Health
- Telephone 01904 715111
- Year of first qualification 1992
- Email YO_Bookingsfirstname.lastname@example.org
- GMC Number 3613221
- Fax 01904 715288
Mr Wilson qualified from Sheffield University Medical School in 1992. He began working as a Consultant Urological Surgeon in York in August 2004.
His special interests are in Urological Oncology (cancer) diagnosis and treatment and he currently Lead Clinician for Urological Cancer Services at York Hospital. He established laparoscopic (keyhole) kidney surgery in York Hospital in 2008. He also has a particular interest in prostate diseases and prostate cancer screening.
Mr Wilson has extensive experience in all aspects of Urological conditions gained from around the Yorkshire region and in York.
Mr Wilson performs the following treatments at Nuffield Health York Hospital:
- Weekly Wednesday 18:00 - 20:00
- Weekly Friday 15:00 - 18:00
- Consultant Urological Surgeon, York Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Mr Wilson lives with his wife Lynda and 2 sons in Strensall, York. His interests are football and travel
- British Association of Urological Surgeons
- European Association of Urology
- Medical and Dental Defence Union of Scotland
Mr Wilson's research thesis was undertaken in Leeds between 1998 and 1999 and awarded an MD degree by the University of Sheffield in 2001. It looked at the role of interleukin-18 in the immunological response to bladder cancer with the aim of subsequently developing targeted immunological therapies against bladder cancer.
DeclarationMr James Russell Wilson works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Benenden Health
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Medical Care Direct
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr James Russell Wilson does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr James Russell Wilson does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr James Russell Wilson does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.