Mr Heal qualified as a doctor in London in 1995 from Charing Cross and Westminster Medical School. He undertook his specialist Orthopaedic training in Bristol on the Severn Deanery rotation. He has a Master of Surgery degree through the University of Bristol from the work he performed on impaction bone grafting, a technique used in revision hip surgery.
He undertook two specialist Fellowships: one at the Jonathan Webb clinic with a specialist interest in sports knee injuries and knee arthroplasty surgery and the second in Bristol with Professor Bannister and Professor Learmonth in primary and revision surgery of the hip and knee joint.
He gained specialist accreditation with the General Medical Council in 2009 and came to Taunton in February to work as a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at Musgrove Park Hospital and Nuffield Health Taunton Hospital.
Mr Heal performs the following treatments at Nufffield Health Taunton Hospital:
- Hip and Knee arthroplasty surgery, primary and revision
- Hip and Knee soft tissue surgery
- Young adult hip
Treatments and tests offered by Mr James Heal at Nuffield Health
- Knee surgery (ACL repair)
- Knee replacement revision
- Knee replacement
- Knee arthroscopy
- Hip revision
- Manipulation under anaesthesia (MUA)
- Hip replacement
- Bone Graft
- Bilateral Tenotomy
- Image guided joint injections
- Royal College of Surgeons of England
- British Orthopaedic Association
- British Medical Association
Other post held
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon Musgrove Park Hospital, Taunton and Somerset NHS Foundation Trust