Mr Halstead graduated from the University of Cambridge before training in general and specialist bariatric surgery in Oxford, London, New York and locally in Leeds. His busy practice focuses primarily on surgery for oesophagogastric cancer, and is almost all undertaken using the latest laparoscopic (keyhole) techniques. In addition, he performs keyhole surgery for gastro-oesophageal reflux (GORD), hernias and gallstones.
Mr Halstead places the patient at the heart of the decision-making process and is committed to thorough evaluation and follow-up to optimise the results
Mr Halstead specialises in the following treatments, tests and scans at Nuffield Health Leeds Hospital:
Treatments and tests offered by Mr James Halstead at Nuffield Health
- Gastroscopy (or gastrointestinal (GI) endoscopy)
- Umbilical hernia repair
- Gastrointestinal tract
- Reflux surgery (fundoplication)
- Hernia repair
- Royal College of Surgeons (England)
- British Obesity and Metabolic Surgery Society
- Intercollegiate Speciality Board in General Surgery
- Association of Upper Gastrointestinal Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland
Other posts held
- Consultant Surgeon at Bradford Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Insurers Mr James Halstead works with
Mr James Halstead works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA Health
- Benenden Health
Mr James Halstead does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr James Halstead does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr James Halstead does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.