- Specialities Vascular and endovascular surgery
- Telephone 0300 1311418
- Year of first qualification 1999
- Email Taunton.email@example.com
- GMC Number 4637017
- Fax 01823 261316
Mr Ian Hunter is a Consultant Vascular and Endovascular surgeon at Nuffield Health Taunton Hospital and Musgrove Park Hospital, Taunton and Somerset NHS Foundation Trust.
Mr Hunter’s undergraduate training was undertaken at University of Oxford Medical School and St Bartholomew’s and the Royal London Hospital Medical School. He completed his specialist vascular training at the John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford.
He also enhanced his expertise in Vascular and Endovascular Surgery with Fellowships at Queen’s Medical Centre, Nottingham and the Royal Victoria Hospital, Belfast. Mr Hunter has also been awarded a Doctorate of Medicine (MD) from the University of London for his research into the ischaemic injury of transplant.
Mr Hunter specialises in varicose veins removal at Nuffield Health Taunton Hospital
- Friday 09:00 - 12:00
- Consultant Vascular Surgery, Nuffield Health Taunton Hospital
- Consultant Vascular and General Surgeon, Musgrove Park Hospital, Taunton and Somerset NHS Foundation Trust
Mr Hunter's areas of specialist interest include the management of peripheral vascular disease, aortic aneurysm (both open and endovascular repair), carotid artery disease, vascular trauma and venous disease. He has developed advanced skills in the management of varicose veins; including endovenous laser ablation, radiofrequency ablation, foam injection sclerotherapy and varicose vein surgery.
- Vascular Society of Great Britain and Ireland
- Vascular Access Society of Great Britain and Ireland
- Association of Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland
- European Society of Vascular Surgeons
- Royal Society of Medicine
- Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- British Medical Association
DeclarationMr Ian Hunter works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Bupa On Demand
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr Ian Hunter does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Ian Hunter does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Ian Hunter does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.