Mr Davies undertook his primary medical degree at Imperial College London, gaining a further degree in sports physiology. His specialist Orthopaedic training was undertaken in Bristol.
Whilst undertaking his training he completed a Masters degree in sports medicine, writing a thesis on exertional leg pain. He performed fellowships (advanced training) in knee surgery, arthroplasty, hip replacement and sports surgery at Adidas Sports Medicine Centre in Auckland, New Zealand and Perth Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine in Perth, Australia.
He is currently a NHS Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at the BRI where he performs Trauma Surgery. He perform elective surgery at the Avon Orthopaedic Centre. He is highly involved in medical student and training grade doctor teaching.
Mr Davies is a young, enthusiastic and approachable surgeon. He still trys to remain active in sport competing in triathlons and enjoys rugby and mountain biking. He is kept busy at home by 3 young children, through whom he is now having to live his sporting ambitions. Mr Davies lives locally in Bristol and enjoys the local countryside.
English and French
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Hywel Davies at Nuffield Health
- Unicompartmental (Partial) Knee Replacement Robotic-arm assisted technology
- Knee surgery (ACL repair)
- Total Knee Replacement using Robotic-arm assisted technology
- Knee replacement
- Meniscectomy for meniscus tear
- Cartilage reconstruction
- Recovery from anterior cruciate ligament surgery
- Management of knee ligament injuries
- Exercise induced leg pain
- Royal College of Surgeons England
- British Orthopaedic Association
Other post held
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, United Hospitals Bristol
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Avon Orthopaedic Centre
Insurers Mr Hywel Davies works with
Mr Hywel Davies works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Benenden Health
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr Hywel Davies does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Hywel Davies does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Hywel Davies does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.