Mr Hooman Soleymani Majd
GMC number: 6065713
Practicing since: 2000
Sub-specialties: Gynaecological Oncology
- Appointments by arrangement
Or call us on
Mr Soleymani majd started his obstetrics and gynaecology career in London, and then moved to Oxford, where he completed a structured postgraduate training programme which culminated in a certificate of completion of training (CCT) in obstetrics and gynaecology. He then completed a further three years of sub-specialty training in gynaecology oncology, based at the Churchill cancer centre in Oxford. He is a BSCCP accredited colposcopist and a member of the British Gynaecological cancer society.
Mr Soleymani majd is involved in teaching junior doctors and medical students from Oxford University. He has published many clinical research papers and has been an invited speaker at a number of international congresses. He is part of an Oxford research group that has a special interest in new developments in surgical techniques in ultra-radical surgery for advanced ovarian cancer.
Mr Soleymani majd is an experienced surgeon and is able to perform complex open and laparoscopic surgeries (for benign indications and cancer). He has experience in operating on patients who have had multiple abdominal surgeries and those requiring upper abdominal surgery, liver mobilization and diaphragmatic reconstruction for the treatment of cancer.
- Gynaecological cancers - treatment, prevention and screening
- Colposcopy and management of pre-malignant conditions (VIN, VAIN, CIN)
- Minimal access surgery (hysteroscopy and laparoscopy)
- Complex pelvic surgery, including advanced laparoscopic surgery for benign conditions (such as total hysterectomy) and radical endoscopic surgery for cervical and uterine cancer
- Management of pelvic masses
- Martial Arts
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Hooman Soleymani Majd at Nuffield Health
Locations Mr Hooman Soleymani Majd works with
- Medical Defence Union (MDU)
- Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists (RCOG)
- British Gynaecological cancer society (BGCS)
- British Society of Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology (BSCCP)
Other posts held
- Consultant in gynaecological oncology surgery at Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Insurers Mr Hooman Soleymani Majd works with
Mr Hooman Soleymani Majd works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Aviva Health
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr Hooman Soleymani Majd does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Hooman Soleymani Majd does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Hooman Soleymani Majd does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.