Mr Noble has trained and worked predominantly in London and the South West of England. He completed specialist training with an RCS accredited fellowship in bariatric surgery at Musgrove Park Hospital, Taunton which is a designated Centre of Excellence in Bariatric and Metabolic surgery.
He was subsequently appointed Consultant Upper Gastrointestinal and Bariatric Surgeon at Musgrove Park Hospital in 2013 and carries out several hundred laparoscopic (keyhole) procedures a year. He is the Clinical Lead for the department.
He specialises in surgery for gallstones, abdominal wall hernias, antireflux/hiatus hernia surgery and bariatric surgery.
Mr Noble offers a personal, expert, professional and efficient service for his patients.
- Abdominal wall hernias
- Hiatus hernia and anti-reflux surgery
- Bariatric surgery
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Hamish Noble at Nuffield Health
- Gastroscopy (or gastrointestinal (GI) endoscopy)
- Sleeve gastrectomy
- Weight loss surgery
- Hernia repair
- Reflux surgery (fundoplication)
- Cholecystectomy (Gallbladder removal)
- Gastric band (lap banding)
- Diagnostic endoscopy
- Obesity surgery (or weightloss surgery)
- Gastric balloon (BiB)
- Gastrointestinal tract
- Upper gastrointestinal endoscopy
- Gastric bypass
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy (gallbladder removal)
- Mr Noble has published extensively in the field of gallstone disease and was awarded an MS from Imperial College for his work.
- He treats patients within the Byband sleeve study and C-Gall Study.
- Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- Association of Upper Gastrointestinal Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland
- Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland
- British Obesity & Metabolic Surgery Society
- British Medical Association
- The Medical and Dental Defence Union of Scotland
Other posts held
- Consultant in Upper Gastrointestinal and Bariatric Surgery, Musgrove Park Hospital Taunton and Somerset NHS Trust
Insurers Mr Hamish Noble works with
Mr Hamish Noble works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- The Exeter Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)