Mr Gray Edwards is a Consultant Trauma & Orthopaedic Surgeon, specialising in conditions of the shoulder, elbow and hand. He was appointed to his current post at the Bristol Royal Infirmary and North Bristol NHS Trust in 2019.
His specialist interest is the diagnosis and management of conditions affecting the shoulder, elbow and hand. He provides open and arthroscopic (keyhole) surgery for problems of the shoulder such as rotator cuff tears, impingement syndrome, shoulder instability (dislocations) and shoulder arthritis.
He also regularly performs surgery for trapped nerves and tendon conditions around the elbow and hand, such as biceps rupture, tennis elbow and carpal tunnel syndrome, as well as being experienced in all types of shoulder replacement surgery.
Mr Edwards completed advanced shoulder and elbow fellowship training at the Melbourne Shoulder and Elbow Centre, Australia and Avon Orthopaedic Centre in Bristol, where under the guidance of international experts he honed his clinical and surgical skills, enabling him to provide high quality, modern practice to his patients.
Prior to this, he completed his higher surgical training on the Bristol (Severn) rotation. Mr Edwards’ basic medical and surgical training was completed in the University Hospital of Wales, Cardiff and Morriston Hospital in Swansea.
- Arthroscopic (keyhole) and open surgery for problems of the shoulder such as rotator cuff tears, impingement syndrome, shoulder instability (dislocations) and shoulder arthritis.
- All types of shoulder replacement surgery.
- Management of sports related, post traumatic and degenerative conditions of the upper limb
- Surgery for trapped nerves and tendon conditions around the elbow and hand such as biceps rupture, tennis elbow and carpal tunnel syndrome.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Gray Edwards at Nuffield Health
- Shoulder surgery (rotator cuff repair)
- Shoulder decompression - keyhole surgery
- Shoulder replacement
- Shoulder Manipulation
- Dupuytren's fasciectomy
- Shoulder Stabilisation
- Tennis elbow release
- Joint resurfacing
- Hand surgery
- Nerve surgery
- Elbow surgery
Details of Research carried out by Mr Edwards can be found online at: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-2615-074X, and https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/?term=Edwards%20GA&sort=date.
- Royal College of Surgeons
- British Shoulder and Elbow Society
Other posts held
- Consultant Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgeon, Bristol Royal Infirmary and Southmead Hospital
Insurers Mr Gray Edwards works with
Mr Gray Edwards works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA Health
- AXA - Global Healthcare
- Bupa Global
- Bupa On Demand
- Cigna International
- Healix Healthcare
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr Gray Edwards does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Gray Edwards does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Gray Edwards does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.