Mr George Spink
MBBS (Surgical Distinction), AKC BSc (Hons), MRCS, FRCS (Neurosurgery) PGCME, FHEA
GMC number: 4331050
Practicing since: 1996
- Wednesday PM
Or call us on
George Spink is one of the senior Neurosurgeons for East Yorkshire and North Lincolnshire. For the last 8 years he was the Clinical Director of Spinal Surgery for this region. Over the last decade he has been responsible for helping coordinate the development of spinal surgery services in the region, with particular reference to metastatic spinal cord compression, spinal cord injuries and spinal column fractures. Since starting his consultancy George has also been involved with industry, working as a spinal technology expert on international advisory panels for multinational companies.
George was trained in Spinal Neurosurgery by Mr Adrian Casey and Professor Alan Crockard, at The National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery. On completing his training George took up a Consultant Neurosurgeon post at The John Radcliffe Hosptial in Oxford. He then moved to East Yorkshire when he was offered the role as head of Department for Spinal Surgery at Hull Royal Infirmary. Outside of clinical medicine, he is a multi-award winning teacher with the local medical school (Hull York Medical School) as a phase 1 academic tutor and an honorary senior clinical tutor for phase 2 and 3.
In his youth George had varied interests including:
- Represented GB (International Athletics - 100m, 200m, 100m relay)
- Dorset Young Businessman of the Year
- ATC National leadership course (SAS RAF Hereford) – 1st place
- RAF Flying scholarship
- Shotokan Karate (1st Dan – Black belt)
- Grade 7 (Piano and Oboe)
Now he prefers more sedentary pursuits including landscape photography, astronomy, Munro bagging and completing the Trail 100
Complex Spinal disorders.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr George Spink at Nuffield Health
- Lumbar discectomy
- Anterior cervical discectomy and fusion
- Spinal (lumbar) Decompression
- Epidural anaesthetic
- Nerve blocks
Locations Mr George Spink works with
- Percutaneous spinal surgery
- Lumbar laminectomy for spinal stenosis outcomes
- Novel technology in lumbar microdiscectomy
- Spinal fractures in the elderly
- Improving management of cauda equina syndrome
- Society of British Neurological Surgeons
- British Association of Spinal Surgeons
Other posts held
- Hull Royal Infirmary, Senior Consultant Spinal Neurosurgeon
Insurers Mr George Spink works with
Mr George Spink works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Westfield Health WPA
Mr George Spink does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr George Spink does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr George Spink does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.