Professor Youssef qualified in 1990 from Damascus and moved to the Royal Free Hospital in London where he continued his surgical training. He trained in General and Hepato-biliary surgery and completed his FRCS in 2000. After that, he entered a research period and obtained an MD in Surgery from the University of London. In the year 2003 Professor Youssef joined a higher surgical training rotation in General surgery in the South West Deanery. He passed his FRCS (Gen Surgery) in 2008 and entered the GMC specialist register after obtaining his CCT in general surgery. He did a fellowship in Birmingham Hartland Hospital in 2010.
Professor Youssef has been working as a consultant surgeon in the UK since 2009. He moved to Colchester and Ipswich Hospitals in January 2012. He has a special interest in laparoscopic abdominal and abdominal wall surgery and is the clinical lead for emergency surgery.
Swimming, walking, gardening
Treatments and tests offered by Professor Fahed Youssef at Nuffield Health
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy
- Cholecystectomy (Gallbladder removal)
- Bilateral (inguinal) hernia repair
- Excision of skin lesion
- Laparoscopic groin hernia repair
- Laparoscopic incisional hernia
- Youssef F et al: Risk modification in patients with peripheral arterial disease: a retrospective survey. Angiology, 2005
- Youssef F et al: The value of suction wound drain after carotid and femoral artery surgery: a randomised trial using duplex assessment of the volume of post-operative haematoma. Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg, 2005
- Youssef F et al: The effect of short-term treatment with simvastatin on renal function in patients with peripheral arterial disease. Angiology, 2004
- Youssef F et al: The early effect of lipid-lowering treatment on carotid and femoral intima media thickness (IMT). Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg, 2002
- Royal College of Surgeons
Other post held
- Consultant General Surgeon, Ipswich Hospital NHS Trust
Insurers Professor Fahed Youssef works with
Professor Fahed Youssef works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Medical Care Direct
Professor Fahed Youssef does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Professor Fahed Youssef does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Professor Fahed Youssef does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.