Mr Chisholm is a Consultant ENT surgeon based in Taunton. His undergraduate training was at Imperial College, London. He completed his specialist ENT training in London, including posts at The Royal National, Throat, Nose and Ear Hospital, Great Ormond Street, Imperial College Hospitals and The Royal Marsden. He was awarded a sponsorship to visit pioneering centres in New York and Sao Paulo.
Although a general ENT surgeon, Mr Chisholm has developed advanced skills in the management of complex sino-nasal problems, thyroid and parathyroid disorders and techniques to reduce snoring, which include laser treatments.
- Medical and surgical management of nasal conditions
- Thyroid and parathyroid surgery
- Snoring treatments
- Middle ear problems
- Neck and throat disorders
- Conditions affecting the salivary glands
- Sinus problems including balloon sinuplasty
- Paediatric ENT
He is a keen dinghy sailor and was invited to represent Cornwall at the Celtic Olympics. Mr Chisholm enjoys cycling, skiing and photography when time allows but his two little daughters keep him busy.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Edward Chisholm at Nuffield Health
- Deviated septum (Septoplasty)
- Head and neck oncology
- Ear drum repair (Myringoplasty)
- Antral washout
- Parotid gland removal (parotidectomy)
- Endoscopic sinus surgery
- Adult audiology hearing aid provision
- Mastoid surgery
- Submandibular gland removal
- Balloon Sinuplasty
- Grommet insertion
- Nasal polypectomy
- Middle ear surgery
- Larynx diagnostic endoscopy
During his specialist training he was awarded a medical doctorate (MD) for work on gene therapy for head and neck cancer at Cancer Research UK. This work was further recognised through the award of the prestigious Otolaryngology Research Society Angel James prize. Mr Chisholm is the first author on over 20 peer-reviewed publications and have co-authored a Cochrane review.
- Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Royal Society of Medicine
- British Medical Association
- British Association of Endocrine and Thyroid Surgeons
- British Rhinological Society
- Otolaryngology Research Society
Other post held
- Consultant ENT Surgeon, Taunton and Somerset NHS Foundation Trust
Insurers Mr Edward Chisholm works with
Mr Edward Chisholm works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr Edward Chisholm does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Edward Chisholm does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Edward Chisholm does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.