Mr Miligkos completed his medical degree in the University of Athens, Greece before moving to the UK to undertake training in Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
He completed a two and a half year fellowship in advanced laparoscopic surgery for the excision of benign gynaecological disease after securing one of the five training posts offered annually in the UK.
Mr Miligkos performs advanced laparoscopic surgery and operative hysteroscopy and his main interests are Minimal Access Surgery and treatment to endometriosis, pelvic pain and menstrual disorders.
He is the lead for the hysteroscopy service in Princess Anne Hospital, Southampton and is passionate about women's wellbeing and reproductive health.
· Advanced laparoscopic surgery
· Laparoscopic hysterectomy / myomectomy
· Adnexal surgery (ovary, fallopian tubes)
· Hysteroscopic removal of polyp / fibroid, endometrial ablation
· Pelvic pain
· Menstrual disorders (heavy periods, irregular menstrual periods)
· Reproductive surgery / Surgery for infertility
· Colposcopy and management of abnormal cervical smears, LLETZ
· Premenstrual syndrome
· Vulval skin disorders
· Contraceptive advice
· Menopause / HRT
Mr Miligkos is married with two children and enjoys playing football, basketball and water sports.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Dimitrios Miligkos at Nuffield Health
- Adnexal surgery
- Abnormal smears
- Vulval lesion excision
- Gynaecological biopsies
- Smear test (cervical screening)
- Endometrial resection
- Cold Coagulation
- Hysteroscopic surgery
- Dilation and curettage (D&C)
- Labial reduction (labiaplasty)
- Endometrial ablation
- Ovarian cystectomy
- Cone biopsy
- PMS clinic
Mr Miligkos has been awarded a PhD on investigating the role of Insulin-like Growth Factors in the pathogenesis of endometriosis.
He has published many research papers in peer reviewed medical journals and is currently involved in two multi centre research studies on menstrual disorders and pelvic pain.
- Member of Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
- British Society of Gynaecological Endoscopy
- European Society of Gynaecological Endoscopy
- British Society of Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology
Other posts held
- Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist at Princess Anne Hospital, Southampton
Insurers Mr Dimitrios Miligkos works with
Mr Dimitrios Miligkos works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP International
- Westfield Health WPA
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Benenden Health
- Bupa Global
- Bupa On Demand
- Cigna International
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Mr Dimitrios Miligkos does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Dimitrios Miligkos does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Dimitrios Miligkos does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.