Mr Birchley has worked as a full-time Consultant Vascular and General Surgeon in Exeter since October 2010. He assists and manages patients with all aspects of non-cardiac arterial disease, venous disease and hernia disease both in the acute and elective setting.
His major vascular outcomes are published by the Vascular Society and available to the public. He also audits all aspects of the care he delivers.
Mr Birchley's NHS work is subject to regular peer-based mortality and morbidity review and he complies fully with the GMC requirements for independent specialist practice, including accreditation and revalidation.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr David William Birchley at Nuffield Health
- Open surgery groin hernia repair
- AAA (abdominal aortic aneurysm)
- Local anaesthetic
- Skin surgery
- Laparoscopic groin hernia repair
- Carotid doppler
- Radiofrequency (RF) Ablation for Varicose Veins
- Carotid endarterectomy
- Haematology profiles
- Arterial Surgery
- Blood test
- Foam sclerotherapy for varicose veins
- Thread vein treatment (sclerotherapy)
- Aortic stent grafts
- Excisional biopsy
- Umbilical hernia repair
- Aortofemoral bypass
- Hernia repair
- Excision of skin lesion
- Carotid surgery
- Endovascular treatment
- Artery Assessment
- Bilateral (inguinal) hernia repair
- Varicose vein stripping
- Hernia unilateral
- FRCS England
- Vascular Society (UK
- Vascular Access Society (UK)
- Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons (UK)
- European Society of Vascular Surgery
Other post held
- Consultant Vascular and General Surgeon at Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital
Mr David William Birchley does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr David William Birchley does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr David William Birchley does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.