Mr Birchley has worked as a full-time Consultant Vascular and General Surgeon in Exeter since October 2010. He assists and manages patients with all aspects of non-cardiac arterial disease, venous disease and hernia disease both in the acute and elective setting.
His major vascular outcomes are published by the Vascular Society and available to the public. He also audits all aspects of the care he delivers.
Mr Birchley's NHS work is subject to regular peer-based mortality and morbidity review and he complies fully with the GMC requirements for independent specialist practice, including accreditation and revalidation.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr David William Birchley at Nuffield Health
- Aortic stent grafts
- Aortofemoral bypass
- Arterial Surgery
- Carotid endarterectomy
- Carotid surgery
- Endovascular treatment
- Endovenous laser treatment for varicose veins
- Excision of skin lesion
- Hernia unilateral
- Local anaesthetic
- Thread vein treatment (sclerotherapy)
- Varicose vein stripping
- AAA (abdominal aortic aneurysm)
- Blood test
- Carotid doppler
- Excisional biopsy
- Haematology profiles
- Foam sclerotherapy for varicose veins
- Bilateral (inguinal) hernia repair
- Hernia repair
- Open surgery groin hernia repair
- Skin surgery
- Umbilical hernia repair
- Radiofrequency (RF) Ablation for Varicose Veins
- Laparoscopic groin hernia repair
- Artery Assessment
- FRCS England
- Vascular Society (UK
- Vascular Access Society (UK)
- Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons (UK)
- European Society of Vascular Surgery
Other post held
- Consultant Vascular and General Surgeon at Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital
Mr David William Birchley does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr David William Birchley does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr David William Birchley does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.