Mr Powers completed his specialist training in Oswestry, Birmingham and Warwick. He held a fellowship at the Auckland Regional Hand Service in New Zealand for 12 months where he worked with all facets of hand, wrist and elbow conditions.
Mr Powers has interests in all hand and wrist conditions but particularly holds a special interest in distal radius fractures.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr David Powers at Nuffield Health
- Manipulation under anaesthesia (MUA)
- Hand surgery
- Elbow surgery
- Tennis elbow release
Mr Powers has published the following research papers:
- Primary rigid intramedullary nailing for fractures of the tibia, European Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery & Traumatology.
- Scaphoid Waist Fractures; should they be treated operatively or non-operatively?, Injury.
- Early bilateral quadriceps ruptures after synchronous bilateral total knee: B.A.S.K.
- British Orthopaedic Association
- British Orthopaedic Trainees Association
- Medical Defence Union
Other posts held
- Bi Weekly Monday AM
Insurers Mr David Powers works with
Mr David Powers works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr David Powers does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr David Powers does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr David Powers does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.