Mr David Powers
MB ChB, MRCS (ED), FRCS (TR ORTH)
- Year of first qualification
- Languages spoken
- GMC Number
- 01432 262 502
- 01432 344 061
Mr Powers completed his specialist training in Oswestry, Birmingham and Warwick. He held a fellowship at the Auckland Regional Hand Service in New Zealand for 12 months where he worked with all facets of hand, wrist and elbow conditions.
- Weekly Monday AM
- Bi Weekly Monday AM
Mr Powers has interests in all hand and wrist conditions but particularly holds a special interest in distal radius fractures.
Mr Powers enjoys skiing, hill walking and sailing as well as spending time with his family.
- British Orthopaedic Association
- British Orthopaedic Trainees Association
- Medical Defence Union
Mr Powers has published the following research papers:
- Primary rigid intramedullary nailing for fractures of the tibia, European Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery & Traumatology.
- Scaphoid Waist Fractures; should they be treated operatively or non-operatively?, Injury.
- Early bilateral quadriceps ruptures after synchronous bilateral total knee: B.A.S.K.
DeclarationMr David Powers has indicated that they work with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr David Powers has indicated that they do not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr David Powers has indicated that they do not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr David Powers has indicated that they do not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.