Mr David O’Connor is a Consultant Orthopaedic Trauma Surgeon specialising in hand and wrist, general upper limb orthopaedic and trauma pathology. For the last 16 years he has actively practised the use of autologous bone marrow blood injection for a variety of tendinopathy, soft tissue and degenerative problems.
He also has an active interest in exercising reduced compartment syndrome associated compartment pressure monitoring.
He has practised in this role for the last 20 years performing upper limb trauma at Poole General Hospital and an elective service at the Victoria Hospital in Wimborne. He has a hand and wrist and upper limb private practice at Nuffield Health Bournemouth Hospital.
He maintains modern practice through regular CPD and appraisal membership, belonging to a number of professional medical bodies including British Society Hand Surgery.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr David O'Connor at Nuffield Health
- Shoulder surgery (rotator cuff repair)
- Ingrown toenail (and ingrown toenail surgery)
- Extensive muscle repair
- Knee arthroscopy
- Hand surgery
- Trigger Point Injections
- Shoulder Manipulation
Hand and upper limb Surgery. 15 publications across a broad spectrum of Orthopaedics and Trauma.
- British Medical Association
- British Orthopaedic Association
- Hand Society
- Medical Protection Society
Other post held
- Consultant Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgeon, Royal Bournemouth Hospital
- Consultant Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgeon, Poole Hospital
- Consultant Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgeon, Wimborne Hospital
- Consultant Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgeon, Victoria Hospital
Mr David O'Connor does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr David O'Connor does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr David O'Connor does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.