Mr David Mahon is a Consultant Gastrointestinal Surgeon and a specialist in advanced laparoscopic (keyhole) surgery. He is an expert in cholecystectomy (gallbladder removal), anti-reflux operations and hernia surgery and he also has a particular interest in bariatric (weight loss) surgery.
Mr Mahon has worked with a number of agencies and associations, including NICE, The Royal College of Surgeons and has been on the council of the Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons since 2010, recently being elected as its next President. He has also been editor of the Annals of the RCS.
Mr Mahon is committed to offering the best service and the highest standard of care to his patients – your safety and wellbeing is his number one priority. He has taught and mentored consultant surgeons across the UK in these techniques, is a Surgical Review Corporation “Surgeon of Excellence” and has a very low complication rate.
Professional interests include:
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- Bariatric Surgery
- Anti-reflux Surgery
Treatments and tests offered by Mr David Mahon at Nuffield Health
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy
- Gastric band (lap banding)
- Obesity surgery (or weightloss surgery)
- Diagnostic endoscopy
- Gastric balloon (BiB)
- Sleeve gastrectomy
- Weight loss surgery
- Hernia repair
- Gastric bypass
- Reflux surgery
- Excision of skin lesion
- Cholecystectomy (Gallbladder removal)
- Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons (President Elect)
- European Association of Endoscopic Surgeons
- International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity
- British Obesity and Metabolic Surgery Society
Other post held
- Consultant General and Bariatric Surgeon, Musgrove Park Hospital Taunton and Somerset NHS Foundation Trust
Insurers Mr David Mahon works with
Mr David Mahon works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Bupa On Demand
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr David Mahon does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr David Mahon does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr David Mahon does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.