Mr David Lunt is a Consultant Ophthalmologist specialising in cataract surgery, and all aspects of outpatient and surgical care for patients with or at risk of developing glaucoma.
His role as Glaucoma Service Lead in South Tees NHS Foundation Trust includes assessing patients who have been told they may have a risk of developing glaucoma, right through to managing advanced cases who have already lost portions of their vision and are rightly concerned that every clinical decision is critical. He is adept at all forms of glaucoma laser including iridotomy and selective laser trabeculoplasty, minimally invasive glaucoma surgical techniques (MIGS), and more traditional glaucoma surgery (trabeculectomy, aqueous shunt surgery).
Mr Lunt is a proficient cataract surgeon and has completed several thousand cataract operations.
- Standard cataract surgery, including complex cases
- Surgical techniques that combine well with cataract surgery to reduce eye medication burden and glaucoma progression, including minimally invasive glaucoma surgery such as microstent and microshunt surgery
- Traditional glaucoma surgery including trabeculectomy and aqueous shunt.
Mr Lunt works closely with the charity Glaucoma UK, both as a Consultant and Educator. He passionately believes patient communication is the cornerstone of successful management of the individual with glaucoma, through engagement and mutual understanding between the clinician, the patient and their loved ones.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr David Lunt at Nuffield Health
- Glaucoma surgery (Trabeculectomy)
- Cataract Surgery
- Member of UK and Eire Glaucoma Society
- Member of World Glaucoma Association Educator
- Consultant for Glaucoma UK
Other posts held
- Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon and Glaucoma Service Lead at University Hospital of James Cook
Insurers Mr David Lunt works with
Mr David Lunt works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Alliance Healthcare
- Bupa Global
- Aviva Health
- AXA Health
Mr David Lunt does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr David Lunt does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr David Lunt does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.