Mr Laugharne studied medicine at Nottingham University, and dentistry at Manchester University.
He undertook higher surgical training in Trent rotation where he gained experience in a whole range of oral & maxillofacial surgery.
Mr Laugharne was appointed Consultant Oral & Maxillofacial / Head & Neck Surgeon at the Royal Derby Hospital in 2008.
He undertakes general oral, maxillofacial surgery and has a specialist interest in head and neck cancer and reconstructive surgery, benign and malignant salivary gland disease and facial trauma.
- Head and Neck oncology and reconstructive surgery
- Benign and malignant salivary gland disease
- Facial trauma
- Benign and malignant facial skin cancers
Treatments and tests offered by Mr David Laugharne at Nuffield Health
- Craniofacial reconstruction
- Removing wisdom teeth
- Head and neck surgery
- Mole removal
- Parotid surgery
- Reconstructive surgery
Author and co-author of numerous publications in specialist journals, and has presented research papers at national and international meetings.
- General Dental Council
- Royal College of Surgeons (Eng) (Ed)
- British Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- British Association of Head and Neck Oncologists
- AO Craniomaxillofacial Surgery
- British Medical Association
Other post held
- Consultant Oral, Maxillofacial / Head &
- Neck Surgeon, Royal Derby Hospital
Insurers Mr David Laugharne works with
Mr David Laugharne works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Bupa On Demand
Mr David Laugharne does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr David Laugharne does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr David Laugharne does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.