Mr Constable-Phelps is a consultant gynaecologist and sub-specialist gynaecology surgeon. He is a skilled surgical oncologist who prides himself on his kind and compassionate approach towards achieving the best outcomes for his patients.
After completing undergraduate studies in biology, Mr Constable-Phelps went on to undertake his Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (BM) at the University of Southampton. Subsequently, he gained a national training number in obstetrics and gynaecology within North-West London Deanery, training at Chelsea and Westminster and Queen Charlotte’s & Chelsea Hospitals. Later, he became a member of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists and gained accreditation from the British Society of Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology.
After completing general training and a research PhD studying ovarian cancer, Mr Constable-Phelps successfully achieved sub-speciality accreditation in gynaecological oncology at the renowned West London Gynaecological Cancer Centre at Queen Charlotte's & Chelsea and Hammersmith Hospitals.
Since the birth of his twins, Mr Constable-Phelps has relocated back to his home county of Hampshire and holds a permanent consultant post at Princess Anne and Southampton General Hospitals. He is married and his interests outside medicine include gardening, regular DIY, international cuisine, and global exploration having visited over 50 countries.
- Ovarian cancer
- Ovarian debulking (cytoreductive) surgery
- Endometrial/uterine (womb) cancer
- Cervical cancer
- Radical (Wertheim’s) hysterectomy
- Advanced laparoscopic (key-hole) surgery
- Vulval disorders
- Vulval cancer
- Radical vulvectomy
- Familial gynae cancer risk
- Risk-reducing surgery
- Rapid access services
- Post-menopausal bleeding
- Abnormal smears
- Loop excisions of the cervix
- Ovarian cysts
- Pelvic ultrasound scanning
- Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (MRCOG) British Society of Gynaecological Oncology (BGCS) British Society of Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology (BSCCP) European Society of Gynaecological Oncology (ESGO)
Other posts held
- Consultant Gynaecologist and Gynaecological Oncology Surgeon University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust
Insurers Mr David L Constable-Phelps works with
Mr David L Constable-Phelps works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA Health
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)