Mr David Hou is a consultant general surgeon with an interest in upper gastrointestinal surgery. His higher surgical training was undertaken locally in the Wessex deanery. He then undertook a fellowship in Bariatric and advanced laparoscopic surgery at St George’s Hospital, London. He has been a consultant surgeon at the Royal Hampshire County Hospital in Winchester since 2009. He provides gallbladder, anti-reflux (hiatus hernia/heartburn), and hernia repair surgery, predominantly via the laparoscopic (keyhole) approach. He also provides diagnostic upper gastrointestinal endoscopy (gastroscopy).
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Association of Upper Gastrointestinal Surgeons (AUGIS)
- Association of Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland (ASGBI)
- Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland (ALSGBI)
- Member of The British Hernia Society
Mr David Hou does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr David Hou does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr David Hou does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.