- Specialities Oral and Maxillofacial, Oral Surgery, Dentist, Cosmetic Breast Surgery, Head and Neck, Aesthetic Breast Surgery
- Telephone 01892 531111 ext 2275
- Year of first qualification 2000
- Email email@example.com
- GMC Number 4745266
- Website http://www.darrylcoombes.com/about.php
- Fax 01892 552900
Mr Coombes aims to provide the highest quality level of care for all of his patients. From the initial inquiry, the consultation, treatment and follow-up each patient is treated with respect, discretion and honesty. Darryl Coombes is known amongst his peers and patients for his outstanding surgical skills, artistic eye and his holistic friendly approach to his practice. Most importantly, he strives to provide clear communication throughout the process by offering an accurate and realistic assessment of the treatment with your safety and well-being in mind.
Mr Coombes qualified in both dentistry and medicine at King’s College, University of London in 1993 and 2000 respectively. He obtained his specialist training in oral and facial plastic surgery at major UK NHS centres throughout England, including the world renowned Queen Victoria Hospital in East Grinstead, where he was appointed as a consultant in 2008. Mr Coombes has broad experience in major reconstructive facial surgery for trauma and cancer and he is also a designated member of the Multidisciplinary Skin Cancer team at the Queen Victoria Hospital.
Mr Coombes has developed an international reputation in the field of facial, head and neck plastic, cosmetic and reconstructive surgery worldwide. He performs and trains other surgeons on a wide range of specialties including rhinoplasty and head and neck skin cancer.
In 2011, Mr Coombes received a prestigious Knighthood of the Order of St John in Malta – which affords him the title Chevalier for the ground-breaking operations he performed on the Mediterranean island, surgeries from which many Maltese and other European doctors had shied away. Along with his international influence, Mr Coombes continues to lecture and train next generation surgeons at the Queen Victoria Hospital in East Grinstead on advanced facial plastic surgeries.
Mr Coombes specialises in the following treatments:
- Bi Monthly Monday evening
- 1st and 3rd Monday of the month - AM
- Evenings from 18:30 by arrangement
- Consultant Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon at Queen Victoria Hospital, NHS Foundation Trust - East Grinstead
- Facial Plastic Surgery
- Cosmetic Surgery
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Skin Cancer
- Mole Removal
- Apex Facelift
In his leisure time, Mr Coombes enjoys high-performance cars, watching and playing football and spending time with his wife Joann and their young family.
- British Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Fellow of The Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Fellow of The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- British Medical Association
- European Academy of Facial Plastic Surgeons
- General Medical Council
- General Dental Council
Mr Coombes has published on several areas of oral and maxillofacial surgery.
DeclarationMr Darryl Coombes works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Mr Darryl Coombes does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Darryl Coombes does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Darryl Coombes does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.