Mr Daniel Urriza Rodriguez is a Consultant Vascular Surgeon at Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust.
Mr Urriza Rodriguez completed medical school training in 2010, having previously read Chemistry at Oxford University. He was appointed as a Consultant Vascular Surgeon having undergone surgical training in Basingstoke, Bristol, Southampton, and Oxford.
Mr Urriza Rodriguez has interests in the treatment of varicose veins, carotid disease, aortic aneurysms, and peripheral arterial disease. He has a sub-specialty interest in lower limb revascularisation and management of diabetic foot disease. Due to his particular sub-specialty interests, he works closely with other healthcare professionals (including interventional radiologists, diabetologists, and podiatrists) to provide holistic care for patients with complex leg and foot conditions.
Mr Urriza Rodriguez works with other surgical specialities at Oxford University Hospitals to provide specialist vascular input in complex multidisciplinary team operations.
Mr Urriza Rodriguez is experienced in treating varicose veins. He can carry out the full spectrum of venous interventions including endovenous therapies and open surgery, except for thread veins.
Mr Urriza Rodriguez often works with highly qualified vascular scientists in order to deliver a one-stop service to provide prompt diagnosis and treatment strategies to patients attending the clinic at the Manor Hospital.
- Varicose veins – minimally invasive (radiofrequency ablation/foam sclerotherapy) and open surgery.
- Peripheral arterial disease – minimally invasive (angioplasty/stenting) and open bypass surgery.
- Diabetic foot disease.
- Carotid endarterectomy and stroke prevention.
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm – minimally invasive (endovascular stenting or EVAR) and open surgery.
- Complex multidisciplinary open surgery.
Sports, Outdoor Country Pursuits, and Film.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Daniel Urriza Rodriguez at Nuffield Health
- Varicose vein stripping
Mr Urriza Rodriguez has published in numerous peer-reviewed scientific publications as well as delivered presentations at international and national surgical conferences.
Mr Urriza Rodriguez has written book chapters and invited articles on the impact of peripheral arterial disease and the costs of vascular interventions in peripheral arterial disease. He has been involved in research on the safety of carotid endarterectomy for symptomatic surgery in elderly patients (octogenarians and older).
Mr Urriza Rodriguez was recently involved with the Vascular Society Great Britain and Ireland (VSGBI) Special Interest Group and James Lind Alliance to set research priorities to guide future research strategies into carotid conditions within the UK.
- Vascular Society of Great Britain & Ireland
- Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
Other posts held
- Consultant Vascular Surgeon, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Consultant Vascular Surgeon, Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust
Insurers Mr Daniel Urriza Rodriguez works with
Mr Daniel Urriza Rodriguez works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA Health
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)