Mr Fagan qualified from Bristol University in 1995 and has subsequently trained in some of the most prestigious spinal centres in the UK.
Having worked in the NHS for 20 years Mr Fagan is an experienced Spinal Surgeon. His focus is now firmly in the private sector which allows him to devote more time to his patients.
His practice philosophy is centered around a thorough and sympathetic approach. Here at the Nuffield Health Tees Hospital Mr Fagan’s aim is to offer you rapid access to expert diagnosis and treatment of your back problem helping you to return to normal activities as quickly as possible.
Mr Fagan’s special interest is in patients with spinal disorders and he is particularly interested in the state of the art treatment of conditions which give rise to back and neck pain such as slipped disc, spinal stenosis and spondylolisthesis.
Mr Fagan is also an advisor to the National Institute of Clinical Excellence (NICE) and regularly treats professional sportsmen and women.
Areas of interest include Balloon Kyphoplasty and Minimal Access Lumbar Fusion
Snowboarding and motorsports
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Daniel Fagan at Nuffield Health
- Lumbar discectomy
- Manipulation under anaesthesia (MUA)
- Anterior cervical discectomy and fusion
- Spinal (lumbar) Decompression
- Facet joint injections
- Cervical Spine Surgery
- Minimally invasive spinal surgery
- X-Ray Guided Facet Joint Injection
- Spinal fusion surgery
- Epidural injection for pain relief
- Sacroiliac joint injections
- Cervical Disc Replacement
- Dorsal root ganglion block
- British Association of Spinal Surgeons
- British Scoliosis Society
- AO International Spine
- British Orthopaedic Association
Other posts held
- Consultant in private practice
Mr Daniel Fagan does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Daniel Fagan does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Daniel Fagan does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.