Mr Darby works at the John Radcliffe Hospital Oxford as a consultant vascular surgeon and Honorary Senior lecture to the University of Oxford. He has been a consultant since 1999. He specialises in complex open aortic and vascular surgery. He works with other specialities for open surgical work. Hence he likes to see patients with aortic aneurysms, carotid and peripheral vascular disease. Interventional radiology is provided by a select group of radiologist for peripheral vascular work and Endovascular aortic procedures.
Mr Darby is highly experience in varicose vein problems and can carry out the full spectrum of venous interventions other than for thread veins. His clinic is a one stop visit as he will carry out venous ultrasound on the same day as required.
- Varicose veins, minimally invasive and open
- Venous ultrasound
- Peripheral vascular disease bypass and angioplasty
- Aortic aneurysm endovascular and open.
- Carotid surgery
- Complex open surgery in other vascular problems
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Christopher Darby at Nuffield Health
- Foam sclerotherapy for varicose veins
- Thread vein treatment (sclerotherapy)
- Radiofrequency (RF) Ablation for Varicose Veins
- Varicose vein stripping
- Royal college of Surgeons of England
- Vascular Surgical Society
Other post held
- Consultant Vascular, John Radcliffe Hospital
- Senior Lecturer in Surgery and Educational Supervisor University of Oxford
Insurers Mr Christopher Darby works with
Mr Christopher Darby works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr Christopher Darby does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Christopher Darby does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Christopher Darby holds the following paid advisory role(s) either at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health: