Chris Briggs qualified from the University of Sheffield medical school at the turn of the millennium. He trained in general surgery in the South Yorkshire region and spent two years in Leicester studying for a research MD into the invasive properties of colorectal cancer cells which have implanted in the liver. He then sub-specialised in Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic surgery, working on the Sheffield liver and pancreatic unit for two and a half years and subsequently spent a year at the Leeds liver transplantation centre.
He completed his training here in Plymouth as a Senior Fellow and is now a consultant surgeon at Derriford and Nuffield Hospitals. He has experience of laparoscopic cholecystectomy and bile duct exploration, and laparoscopic hernia repair as well as major abdominal surgery for liver and pancreatic cancers.
- Weekly Monday 18:00 - 19:00
- Weekly Tuesday 18:00 - 19:00
- Weekly Thursday 8:00 - 9:00
- Weekly Friday 8:00 - 9:00
- Consultant Hepatobiliary & Pancreatic Surgeon, Derriford Hospital, Plymouth
His special areas of interest are as follows:
- Gallstones and gallbladder surgery
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Liver surgery
- Pancreatic surgery
- use of minimally invasive techniques in the management of severe pancreatitis.
- abdominal Sarcoma
Christopher enjoys spending time with his two very active young children. He also enjoys playing golf, as well as playing his guitar and piano.
- The Association of Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland
- Association of Upper Gastrointestinal Surgeons
Mr Christopher D Briggs does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Christopher D Briggs does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Christopher D Briggs does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.