Mr Roberts completed the East Anglian Orthopaedic Training Rotation before undertaking a one year General Upper Limb Fellowship in Brisbane, Australia and a six month Shoulder Fellowship in Cape Town, South Africa under Dr Joe De Beer.
He was appointed as Consultant in Trauma and Orthopaedics at Ipswich Hospital in 2004. Whilst he takes part in the general On-Call he has a purely Upper limb elective practice.
Mr Roberts teaches on the Watanabe Shoulder arthroscopy training programme and also teaches on the EPOCA shoulder replacement courses.
Consultant in Trauma and Orthopaedics specialising in Upper Limb Surgery
All shoulder conditions including:
- Arthroscopic and open rotator cuff repairs
- Arthroscopic and open shoulder stabilisations including Latarjet’s
- Total and hemi shoulder replacements including Reverse
Hand surgery including:
- Carpal tunnel surgery
- Dupuytren's surgery
Golf and squash
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Chris Roberts at Nuffield Health
- Bone Graft
- Dupuytren's fasciectomy
- Elbow surgery
- Hand surgery
- Image guided joint injections
- Shoulder Manipulation
- Shoulder replacement
- Shoulder surgery (rotator cuff repair)
- Tennis elbow release
- Manipulation under anaesthesia (MUA)
- Peripheral nerve surgery
- Burkhart SS, De Beer J, Barth JR, Cresswell T, Roberts C, Richards DP. Results of modified Latarjet reconstruction in patients with anteroinferior instability and significant bone loss. Arthroscopy 2007 Oct; 23(10): 1033-41
- Saw N, Roberts C, Cutbush K, Couzens G, Hodder M, Ross M. Early experience with the TriMed fragment-specific fracture fixation system in intra-articular distal radius fractures. J Hand Surg Euro Vol 2008 Feb; 33(1): 53-8.
- De Beer J, Burkhart SS, Roberts CP, Van Rooyen K, Cresswell T, du Toit D. The Congruent-Arc Latarjet. Techniques in Shoulder and Elbow Surgery. 2009 Jun; 10(2): 62-7.
- De Beer JF and Roberts CP. Glenoid bone defects – Open Latarjet with Congruent Arc modification. Orthop Clin N Am. 2010 July; 41(3): 407-15.
- DeBeer JF, Roberts CP, Huysmans P, Anterior shoulder instability in the elite athlete with specific reference to bony deficiencies. Shoulder & Elbow. 2010 Jan; 2(1): 63-70.
- Longo G, Banerjee S, Barber J, Chambler A, Cobiella C, Corbett S, Crowther M, Drew S, Francis A, Lee M, Garlick N, Packham I, Pearse Y, Richards A, Roberts C, Tennent D, Tims E, Ahrens PM. Conservative management versus open reduction and internal fixation for mid-shaft clavicle fractures in adults - The Clavicle Trial: study protocol for a multicentre randomized controlled trial. Trials. 2011; 12: 57.
- Royal College of Surgeons
- British Orthopaedic Association
- British Elbow and Shoulders Society
Other post held
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Ipswich Hospital NHS Trust
- Visiting Professor in Orthopaedic Surgery University Campus Suffolk
- Co-Director Comprehensive Local Research Network Norfolk and Suffolk
Insurers Mr Chris Roberts works with
Mr Chris Roberts works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Freedom Health
- Medical Care Direct
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Mr Chris Roberts does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Chris Roberts does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Chris Roberts does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.