A consultant Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgeon since 2010, Mr Paliobeis undertook several distinguished Fellowships in Trauma, Musculoskeletal Oncology, Knee Surgery and Hip Surgery / Hip Arthroscopy.
Following his Fellowships, he held the post of Consultant in Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge and at the Royal Berkshire Hospital in Reading, before being appointed as a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at the Hereford County Hospital in 2012.
Mr Paliobeis‘ elective practice is mainly devoted to the treatment of problems
of the hip and knee joint.
The majority of his practice is devoted to hip and knee arthroscopy, hip and knee replacement and revision surgery.
Young adults with a hip problem also lie within the core of Mr Paliobeis' specialisation. He is able to offer an effective surgical option to help such individuals return to full activity using his expertise in hip preservation surgery and his pioneering involvement in minimally invasive surgery.
Mr Paliobeis maintains a keen interest in teaching, research and publishing in his areas of interest. Author of the chapter on hip arthroscopy in the Textbook of the European Federation of Orthopaedics and Traumatology (EBOT), he takes pride particularly in his work on the faculty for a renowned international hip arthroscopy course for surgeons and in his work as a reviewer for the Bone & Joint Journal and the Journal of Hip Preservation Surgery.
- Sports injuries of the hip
- Total hip replacements
- Total & partial knee replacements
- Revision arthroplasty
- Arthroscopic surgery of the knee
Cycling, bookbinding, contemporary theatre.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Chris Paliobeis at Nuffield Health
- Knee replacement
- Knee arthroscopy
- Hip revision
- Hip replacement
Mr Paliobeis has an ongoing interest in research. He has published extensively in established orthopaedic journals and has also written chapters for orthopaedic textbooks. He is currently completing research on fixation of osteotomy in the hip.
A sample of his publications includes:
- Do professional Athletes Perform Better Than Recreational Athletes After Arthroscopy for Femoroacetabular Impingement? Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research.
- The Prevalence of Dysplasia in Femoroacetabular Impingement, Hip International.
- Arthroscopic Identification of Iliopubic and Ilioischial Grooves in a Single Acetabulum, BMJ Case Reports.
- Intrinsic Passive Stiffness of two Constructs of Hip Osteotomy, Journal of Pediatric Orthopaedics.
- Prevalence of chest trauma, associated injuries and mortality, International Orthopaedics.
- Biological Enhancement of Tibial Diaphyseal Aseptic Non-Unions, Injury.
- Hip Arthroscopy and Treatment of Acetabular Retroversion and Impingement. Book Chapter for the European Textbook of Surgical Orthopaedics and Traumatology.
- AO Alumni Association
- British Medical Association
- British Orthopaedica Association
- British Hip Society
- International Society for Hip Arthroscopy
- Medical Protection Society
- Royal College of Surgeons
Other posts held
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Hereford County Hospital
Insurers Mr Chris Paliobeis works with
Mr Chris Paliobeis works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA Health
- AXA - Global Healthcare
- Benenden Health
- Bupa Global
- Bupa On Demand
- Cigna International
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- The Exeter Friendly
- Healix Healthcare
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Mr Chris Paliobeis does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Chris Paliobeis does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Chris Paliobeis does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.