Mr Paliobeis is a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon who joined the orthopaedic team at the Hereford County Hospital in January 2012. His specialist interest lies in trauma, knee and hip conditions. In particular, he specialises in the treatment of young adults with hip problems.
Mr Paliobeis has three years of experience as a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, having worked at Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge and the Royal Berkshire Hospital in Reading before moving to Hereford. He has extensive experience in general orthopaedics and has also undertaken distinguished fellowships in Trauma (AO Foundation - Leeds General Infirmary), Musculoskeletal Oncology (Royal Orthopaedic Hospital, Birmingham), Knee Surgery (York Hospital) and Hip Surgery / Hip Arthroscopy (Richard Villar Practice, Wellington Hospital, London).
- Sports injuries of the hip
- Total hip replacements
- Total & partial knee replacements
- Revision arthroplasty
- Arthroscopic surgery of the knee
Cycling, bookbinding, contemporary theatre
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Chris Paliobeis at Nuffield Health
- Knee replacement
- Knee arthroscopy
- Hip revision
- Hip replacement
Mr Paliobeis has an ongoing interest in research. He has published extensively in established orthopaedic journals and has also written chapters for orthopaedic textbooks. He is currently completing research on fixation of osteotomy in the hip.
A sample of his publications includes:
- Do professional Athletes Perform Better Than Recreational Athletes After Arthroscopy for Femoroacetabular Impingement? Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research.
- The Prevalence of Dysplasia in Femoroacetabular Impingement, Hip International.
- Arthroscopic Identification of Iliopubic and Ilioischial Grooves in a Single Acetabulum, BMJ Case Reports.
- Intrinsic Passive Stiffness of two Constructs of Hip Osteotomy, Journal of Pediatric Orthopaedics.
- Prevalence of chest trauma, associated injuries and mortality, International Orthopaedics.
- Biological Enhancement of Tibial Diaphyseal Aseptic Non-Unions, Injury.
- Hip Arthroscopy and Treatment of Acetabular Retroversion and Impingement. Book Chapter for the European Textbook of Surgical Orthopaedics and Traumatology.
- AO Alumni Association
- British Medical Association
- British Orthopaedica Association
- British Hip Society
- International Society for Hip Arthroscopy
- Medical Protection Society
- Royal College of Surgeons
Other posts held
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Hereford County Hospital
Insurers Mr Chris Paliobeis works with
Mr Chris Paliobeis works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Benenden Health
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr Chris Paliobeis does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Chris Paliobeis does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Chris Paliobeis does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.