Chris graduated from the University of Bristol in 1993 with degrees in Medicine and Physiology and undertook his initial surgical training in Bristol and Gloucester. He completed his orthopaedic and trauma surgery training in Oxford working as a Clinical Lecturer at the University of Oxford.
Chris completed Fellowship training in hand, wrist and elbow surgery in the West Midlands at the Royal Orthopaedic Hospital, Diana, Princess of Wales Children’s Hospital and University Hospitals of Birmingham. He was awarded the Intercollegiate Board Examination in Orthopaedic and trauma Surgery in 2003.
He has been a Consultant Hand and Upper Limb Surgeon in Oxford since 2006, with a practice in all aspects of elective and injury-related hand, wrist, shoulder and elbow conditions including:
- carpal tunnel
- cubital tunnel
- arthritis treatments (joint preserving and joint replacements for fingers, thumbs, wrists, elbows and shoulders, including reverse shoulder replacement)
- fractures (including corrective osteotomy for malunion)
- dislocations (including clavicle and acromioclavicular joint injuries)
- scaphoid fractures and ligament injuries (including vascularised bone reconstructions)
- arthroscopic surgery of the shoulder
- elbow and wrist (including frozen shoulder and instability treatments)
- rotator cuff surgery (including ESWT for calcific tendinosis)
- tennis and golfers elbow surgery
- de Quervain's treatments
- Trigger finger
- Dupuytren's treatments
- Upper limb surgery
- Arthroscopic wrist and upper limb surgery
- Carpal tunnel surgery
- Hand and wrist injuries
Recently Chris retired from high-level competitive swimming, having previously played water-polo for the British club champions in national and European competitions. Chris enjoys recreational sport and lives in Oxford with his family.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Chris Little at Nuffield Health
- Hand surgery
- Clinical research in international journals on scaphoid fracture surgery, elbow replacement surgery and outcome assessment after elbow surgery.
- Actively involved in research projects on scaphoid surgery and shoulder rotator cuff repair, and in the teaching and training of medical students and orthopaedic trainees in Oxford.
- Edits the Orthopaedic modules of the Royal College of Surgeons of England Surgical Training programme (newSTEP)
- Reviews articles for the leading European orthopaedic journal.
- British Institute in Structural Course in Hand Surgery
- Shoulder Symposium Royal Society of Medicine
- British Medical Association
- British Orthopaedic Association
Other posts held
- Consultant Hand Surgeon, Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre, Oxford
Mr Chris Little does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Chris Little does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Chris Little does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.