Mr Jowett was appointed as a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at York Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust in 2017 with a special interest in foot & ankle surgery. His practice involves all areas of the foot and ankle with a particular interest in the forefoot (including bunions), arthroscopic surgery and sports injuries to the foot and ankle.
Mr Jowett graduated from Guy’s, King’s and St. Thomas’ medical school in 2003. He then demonstrated anatomy at Cambridge University. His basic surgical training was in Wessex. Subsequently he worked at the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, Stanmore and as a trauma fellow at The Royal London Hospital.
- Bunion surgery
- Forefoot surgery
- Sports injuries involving the foot and ankle
- Arthroscopic surgery
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Charlie Jowett at Nuffield Health
- Foot and ankle surgery
- Bunion surgery (bunionectomy)
- Ankle fusion
- Toe surgery
- Achilles repair or reconstruction
- Jowett CRJ, Hiscock R, Curry H, Goldbloom D, Bedi HS. All patients are not the same. An audit of foot & ankle elective clinic patients treated in the private and public sectors. Fuss & Sprunggelenk 2017,15(2); 108-113
- Jowett CRJ, Bedi HS. Preliminary results and learning curve of the minimally invasive chevron akin (MICA) operation for hallux valgus. J Foot Ankle Surg 2017, 56 (3), 445-452
- Bedi HS, Jowett CRJ et al. Plantaris excision and ventral paratendinous scraping in an athletic population. A clinical and ultrasonographic assessment. Foot Ankle Int. 2016, 37(4):386-393
- Jowett CRJ, Rodda D, Amin A, Bradshaw A, Bedi HS. Minimally Invasive Calcaneal Osteotomy: A clinical and cadaveric evaluation. Foot Ankle Surg. 2016, 22(4):244-247
- Jowett CRJ, Morcuende J, Ramachandran M. Systematic review of Ponseti treatment. JBJS(Br). 2011, 93-B. 9; 1160-1164
- Sewell M, Adebibe M, Jayakumar P, Jowett C, Kong K, Vemulapalli K, Levack B. Use of the WHO surgical safety checklist in trauma and orthopaedic patients. Int Orthop. 2011, 35(6):897-901
- Jowett CRJ, Mitra P, O’Donnell P, Singh D. Synovial lipomatosis of hindfoot tendon sheaths: case reports and literature review. Foot Ankle Int. 2008, 29(7):752-5
- Jowett CRJ, Davis W, Flanagan A, Bayan A, Cullen NPS. Clear cell sarcoma of the distal tibialis posterior tendon insertion: a case report. Foot Ankle Int. 2008, 29(4):445-8
- British Orthopaedic Association
- British Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Society
- Royal College of Surgeons, England
Other post held
- York Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
Insurers Mr Charlie Jowett works with
Mr Charlie Jowett works with the following private medical insurance providers:
Mr Charlie Jowett does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Charlie Jowett does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Charlie Jowett does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.