Mr Charles Durrant graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree from the prestigious Imperial College London. He went on to graduate in medicine from St Mary’s Hospital (part of the University of London) in 1999, and was an honours candidate in Surgery. He underwent general surgical training in London before winning a place on the coveted Pan Thames Plastic Surgery Training Scheme.
Mr Durrant undertook further specialist training in aesthetic surgery at the McIndoe Surgical Centre in East Grinstead, the largest dedicated aesthetic hospital in Europe. His microsurgical fellowship was at The Royal Marsden Hospital in London, the first purpose-built cancer hospital in the world. He has undertaken travelling fellowships to M D Anderson Cancer Centre in Texas, the Bernie O’Brien Microsurgical Institute in Melbourne, and the Melanoma Institute of Australia. He won a scholarship from the Healthcare America Foundation that allowed him to achieve this.
Mr Durrant is a Consultant Plastic Surgeon at Queen Alexander Hospital in Portsmouth. His practice at QA involves mainly breast reconstruction following mastectomy. He finds that his experience in cosmetic surgery has helped him achieve excellent results with these difficult cases. Likewise, his experience with reconstruction has given him a keen eye for aesthetic practice.
Mr Durrant performs the following at Nuffield Health Chichester Hospital:
Spending time with family, skiing, rugby, drumming and information technology.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Charles Durrant at Nuffield Health
- Breast enlargement surgery
- Skin cancer surgery
- Mastectomy (breast removal)
- Body contouring
- Breast uplift (mastopexy)
- Brow lift
- Deviated septum (Septoplasty)
- Drooping eyelids (Ptosis correction)
- Eye lift
- Eyelid reshaping surgery
- Facelift surgery
- Facial resurfacing
- Fat grafting
- Liposuction treatment
- Chin reshaping (Genioplasty)
- Injections for wrinkles
- Inverted nipple surgery
- Neck lift
- Ear pinning cosmetic surgery (Pinnaplasty)
- Thigh lift
- Tummy tuck surgery (abdominoplasty)
- Skin grafts for leg ulcers
- Oculoplastic surgery
- Mole removal
- Gynaecomastia (male breast reduction)
- Lateral intercostal artery perforator (LICAP) Flap breast reconstruction
- Breast reduction
- Labial reduction (labiaplasty)
- Durrant CA, Principilism and the ethics of facial transplantation. MA dissertation. University of Wales. 2010 (Merit).
- Durrant CA, Khatib M, MacNeil FA. Mastectomy and reconstruction in stage IV breast cancer: a survey of UK breast and plastic surgeons. Breast 2011 Aug:20(4) 373-9.
- Durrant CA, Mackey S, Orthoplastic classification systems: the good, the bad, and the ungainly. Ann Plast Surg 2011 Jan;66(1) 9-12.
- Morandi P, Durrant CA, Glass G. SIEA flap leads to an increase in abdominal seroma rates compared to DIEP flap for breast reconstruction, Eur J Plas Surg 2011; 34(2); 87-91.
- Durrant CA, Lloyd-Hughes H, Worth R. Auricular pressure relieving cushions for treatment of chondrodermatitis nodularis helicis: A series of 75 cases and a review of the literature. Eur J Plast Surg 2011; 34(1) 41-44
- Royal College of Surgeons of England
- British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons
Other post held
- Consultant Plastic Surgeon at Queen Alexander Hospital Portsmouth
- Consultant Plastic Surgeon at St Mary’s Hospital Eastney
Insurers Mr Charles Durrant works with
Mr Charles Durrant works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Bupa On Demand
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr Charles Durrant does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Charles Durrant does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Charles Durrant does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.