Mr Chandra Rao
trained at the Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital, Oswestry, UK.
He has been a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at Hereford County Hospital since
2010. His Orthopaedic surgical expertise includes total hip replacement, total
knee replacement, ACL reconstruction, total ankle replacement, knee and ankle
arthroscopy, surgeries for ankle and foot arthritis (including great toe
replacement) and sports knee and ankle injuries.
- Hip, Knee and Ankle replacement surgery
- Ankle and Knee arthroscopy surgery
- Knee and ankle sports injuries
- Treatment of hip, knee, ankle and foot arthritic conditions.
Mr Rao’s interests outside of work include playing and watching cricket and tennis, psychology and eastern philosophy.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Chandra Rao at Nuffield Health
- Toe surgery
- Knee replacement
- Knee arthroscopy
- Manipulation under anaesthesia (MUA)
- Ankle arthroscopy
- Hip replacement
- Ankle replacement
Published original articles in journals of international repute on hip and knee replacement surgery. Presented in international conferences on hip, knee and ankle surgery. Current research interests include outcome of ankle and great toe joint replacement surgery.
- British Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society
- Medical Defence Union
- British Orthopaedic Association
Other posts held
- Consultant Orthopaedic Lower Limb Surgeon, Wye Valley NHS Trust
- Consultant Orthopaedic Lower Limb Surgeon, Nuffield Health Hereford Hospital
Insurers Mr Chandra Rao works with
Mr Chandra Rao works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA Health
- AXA - Global Healthcare
- Bupa Global
- Bupa On Demand
- Benenden Health
- Cigna International
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Mr Chandra Rao does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Chandra Rao does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Chandra Rao does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.