Mr McIlroy is a Consultant General Surgeon with special interest in bowel continence and pelvic floor problems, STARR and PPH procedures, open mesh and laparoscopic (keyhole) hernia repairs.
Experience and training:
- Appointed Consultant Surgeon to Derby Hospitals in 1998
- Lead clinician for bowel cancer services; Trust mortality committee; surgical audit lead; directorate and paediatric governance committees
- Graduated Liverpool University 1987
- Mersey Region registrar training 1991-95
- North-West Region senior registrar 1995-98
- Pelvic Oncology training Christie Hospital, Manchester, 1996
- Weekly Monday PM
- Weekly Friday AM
- Consultant General Surgeon, County Hospital, Hereford
- Clinical representative on Trust Governance and Risk Committee
- Clinical Governance Lead for In-patient Care Group
- Medical Defence Union
- European Hernia Society
- Association of Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland
- Association of Coloproctology of Great Britain and Ireland
- Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons
Mr Brendan McIlroy does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Brendan McIlroy does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Brendan McIlroy does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.