Mr Billy Jowett
BSc, MBBS, FRCS (TR Orth)
GMC number: 4339560
Practicing since: 1996
- Thursday afternoons
Or call us on
Mr Jowett was appointed as a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust in 2008 specialising in foot and ankle surgery. His specific interests are bunion surgery (including minimal access/ keyhole surgery), sports injuries to the foot and ankle, arthroscopic surgery and total ankle replacement.
Mr Jowett graduated from Guy’s and St. Thomas’ Medical School in 1996, subsequently undertaking his orthopaedic training in the Wessex region.
His training was augmented by an AO trauma fellowship in Seattle, USA, in 2002 and foot and ankle fellowships in Auckland, New Zealand and Melbourne, Australia in 2006-7 for which he was awarded an HCA International travelling fellowship.
He was awarded an American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society Travelling Fellowship for 2010, visiting experts in New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Duke and Charlotte, North Carolina.
Mr Jowett specialises in the following treatments at Nuffield Health Chichester Hospital:
Mr Jowett treats all foot and ankle problems. His special interests are sports injuries to the foot and ankle, arthroscopic surgery, bunion surgery and total ankle replacement.
Outside of work Mr Jowett enjoys spending time with his wife Olivia and his three young children. His main interests are golf, cricket, skiing and soccer where he participates when possible. He also enjoys travelling.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Billy Jowett at Nuffield Health
- Ingrown toenail (and ingrown toenail surgery)
- Bunion surgery (bunionectomy)
- Midfoot fusion
- Hindfoot fusion
- Fusion of big toe
- Forefoot reconstructive surgery
- Ankle ligament repair
- Flat foot correction
- Toe surgery
- Midfoot osteotomy
- Achilles repair or reconstruction
- Foot and ankle surgery
- Ankle arthroscopy
- Ankle fusion
- Image guided joint injections
- Toe joint fusion
- Calcaneal osteotomy
- Hallux Valgus Surgery
- Ankle replacement
Locations Mr Billy Jowett works with
- Location of the sural nerve during the posterolateral approach to the ankle. AJL Jowett, FT Sheikh, RO Carare & MI Goodwin, Foot Ankle Int 2010; 31(10): 880-83.
- Distal Tendonosis of the Tibialis Anterior Tendonosis., AD Beischer, BM Beamond, AJL Jowett & R O’Sullivan, Foot Ankle Int 2009; 30(11): 1053-59.
- Angiosarcoma in an area of lipodermatosclerosis., AJL Jowett & SD Parvin, Ann R Coll Surg Eng 2008; 90 (5):W15-16(1).
- Chronic exertional compartment syndrome in the medial compartment of the foot., AJL Jowett, CL Birks & MC Blackney, Foot Ankle Int 2008; 29(8):838-41.
- Medial Malleolar Stress Fracture Secondary to chronic ankle impingement., AJL Jowett, CL Birks & MC Blackney, Foot Ankle Int 2008; 29(7):716-21.
- Lateral Meniscal Cyst Causing Common Peroneal nerve palsy, AJL Jowett, JFA Johnston, F Gaillard & SE Anderson, Skeletal Radiol 2008; 37:351-355.
- Learning Curves in Orthopaedic Surgery; a Case for Super-Specialisation?, NPM Jain, AJL Jowett & NMP Clarke, Ann R Coll Surg Eng 2007; 89(2):143-146.
- Pressure characteristics of Pelvic binders, AJL Jowett & GW Bowyer, Injury 2007; 38(1):118-121
- The Surgical treatment of established congenital dislocation of the hip: Results of surgery after planned delayed intervention following the appearance of the capital femoral ossific nucleus, NMP Clarke, AJL Jowett & L Parker, J Paediatric Orthop 2005; 25:434-439.
- Alcohol and radiographs in the Accident and Emergency Department, PA Rust, IJ Hunt, DN Wallis A Jowett, & G Rottenberg, Emerg Med J 2001; 18(6):460-1.
- British Medical Association
- British Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society
- American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society
Other posts held
- Nuffield Health Chichester Hospital
Insurers Mr Billy Jowett works with
Mr Billy Jowett works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr Billy Jowett does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Billy Jowett does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Billy Jowett does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.