University of Bristol with Honours degree in Medicine and first class Honours degree in Anatomical Sciences
Basic Surgical Training
Oxford basic surgical training Rotation (3 years)
Invercargill, New Zealand (1 year as Orthopaedic registrar)
Bristol – Senior SHO rotation (1 year)
Higher Surgical Training
Severn Deanery – Bristol
Allograft and Arthroplasty fellowship, Sir Charles Gairdner and Hollywood Hospitals, Perth, Australia
Lower Limb Arthroplasty fellowship, Fremantle Hospital, Perth, Australia
AO Trauma fellowship, the Hospital for Special Surgery, New York
Synthes Trauma observership, the John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford
Adult hip and knee pathology and trauma surgery, advanced recovery protocol
Cricket, golf (of sorts), mountain biking, hill walking, watching rugby and family time.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Ben Burston at Nuffield Health
- Knee replacement
- Hip revision
- Hip replacement
- Burston BJ, Barnett, AJ, Amirfeyz R, Yates, PJ, Bannister GC. Collarless polished tapered stem (CPT): clinical and radiological results at 15 years’ follow-up. J Bone Joint Surg (Br). 2012; 94B: 889-894.
- Barnett AJ, Howells N, Burston BJ, Ansari A, Clark D, Eldridge JD. Radiographic landmarks for tunnel placement in reconstruction of the medial patellofemoral ligament. Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy. 2012; 20: 2380-4.
- Burston BJ, Yates PJ, Hook S, Moulder E, Bannister GC. Cemented polished tapered hip replacements in patients aged 50 years or less. A minimum 10-year follow up. J Arthroplasty. 2010; 25: 692-9.
- Barnett AJ, Burston BJ, Atwal N, Gillespie G, Omari AM, Squires B. Large diameter femoral head uncemented total hip replacement to treat fractured neck of femur. Injury. 2009; 40: 752-5.
- Burston BJ, Butt U, Kamathia G, Gleeson RE. The economic implications of transfusion post primary total knee arthroplasty – an argument for autologous blood retransfusion? JBJS (Br). 2009; 91B: Supp II, 356.
- Yates P, Burston BJ, Bannister GC. Collarless Polished Tapered Stem (CPT). Clinical and Radiological Follow-up at a Minimum of 10 Years. J Bone Joint Surg (Br). 2008; 90B: 16-22.
- Burston BJ, Yates P, Bannister GC. Cement burn of the skin during hip arthroplasty. Ann R Coll Surg Engl. 2007; 89 151-152.
- British Orthopaedic Association
- Fellow Royal College of Surgeons of England
- British Hip Society
Other post held
- Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic NHS Foundation Trust
- Royal Shrewsbury Hospital
Insurers Mr Ben Burston works with
Mr Ben Burston works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
Mr Ben Burston does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Ben Burston does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Ben Burston does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.