Mr. Khan is a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon specialising in Foot & Ankle and Trauma surgery. He has a particular interest in Diabetic foot care and Complex Foot & Ankle trauma. He has expertise in the full range of Foot & Ankle surgery including sports injuries, degenerative disease and deformity. He is trained to provide a number of minimally invasive/arthroscopic operations.
He qualified in 2006 from St. George’s, University of London and completed his Foundation/Core-surgical training in South-East/East England, before moving to the Bristol area for specialist Trauma & Orthopaedic training. Whilst training he gained a MSc in Orthopaedic Engineering from Cardiff University. He then completed a 12-month fellowship in Foot & Ankle, Knee arthroplasty and Trauma surgery in North Bristol at the major trauma centre and Avon Orthopaedic Centre. He became a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons in 2018.
Mr. Khan is a keen teacher, training junior surgeons and University of Bristol medical students and has also helped organise, and remains faculty on, the Bristol FRCS (Tr & Orth) revision course.
He lives in Portishead with his wife and sons and enjoys travelling with his family.
To read testimonials from some of Mr. Khan's former patients, visit doctify.com.
- Full range of Foot & Ankle surgery with emphasis on arthroscopic surgery
- Diabetic foot care
Knee Arthroplasty and Arthroscopy
English, Urdu, Hindi
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Asif Z Khan at Nuffield Health
- Ingrown toenail (and ingrown toenail surgery)
- Midfoot fusion
- Manipulation under anaesthesia (MUA)
- Subtalar fusion
- Fusion of big toe
- Bone Graft
- Toe surgery
- Midfoot osteotomy
- Bilateral Tenotomy
- Image guided joint injections
- Toe joint fusion
- Hallux Valgus Surgery
- Bunion surgery (bunionectomy)
- Tendon transfer in foot and ankle
- Meniscectomy for meniscus tear
- Ankle ligament repair
- Forefoot reconstructive surgery
- Flat foot correction
- Cartilage resurfacing
- Achilles repair or reconstruction
- Keller's arthroplasty
- Subtalar arthroscopy
- Foot and ankle surgery
- Ankle arthroscopy
- Ankle fusion
- Trauma Surgery
- Pulsed lavage in the orthopaedic theatre; PMID 20364450
- A Lipoma within the Achilles tendon sheath; PMID 22326013
- Minimally invasive sliding hip screw insertion technique; PMID 22547374
- Survival after pathological fractures of the proximal femur; PMID 21948036
- Compartment syndrome of the hand: beware of the innocuous radius fractures; PMID 24501620
- A case of bilateral Baxter’s neuropathy secondary to plantar fasciitis; PMID 31027970
- Injection versus Decompression for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome – Pilot trial (INDICATE-P) – protocol for a randomised feasibility study; PMID 28451442
- British Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Society
- Medical Defence Union
- General Medical Council
- Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons of England
Other post held
- T&O Consultant, University Hospitals Bristol & Weston NHS Foundation Trust - Weston Division
Insurers Mr Asif Z Khan works with
Mr Asif Z Khan works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Bupa Global
- Bupa On Demand
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr Asif Z Khan does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Asif Z Khan does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Asif Z Khan does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.