Mr Kaintatzis specialises in cataract surgery, retinal surgery and medical retina conditions.
Additional to his ophthalmic training, he has completed 3 fellowships totalling 3 years of subspecialty training in Cheltenham Hospital, Bristol Eye Hospital and Liverpool Royal Hospital.
He specialises in the following eye surgery procedures:
- Cataract surgery (including multifocal lenses, toric lenses)
- Macular Hole repair vitrectomy
- Complex cataract surgery (after previous eye surgery or injury)
- Retinal surgery
- Epiretinal Membrane removal vitrectomy
- Retinal Detachment repair surgery
- Dislocated Lens Implant Repositioning surgery
- Retinal laser for retinal tears
- Treatment for wet macular degeneration (wet AMD, Lucentis, Eylea)
- Diabetic eye surgery vitrectomy
- Retinal laser for Diabetic eye / Diabetic Retinopathy
Mr Kaintatzis is a keen computer programmer relating to electronic patient record systems.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Antonis Kaintatzis at Nuffield Health
- Cataract Surgery
- British and Eire Association of Vitreoretinal Surgeons
- European Board of Ophthalmology
Other posts held
- Cheltenham General Hospital
- ophthalmologist and vitreoretinal surgeon
Insurers Mr Antonis Kaintatzis works with
Mr Antonis Kaintatzis works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA Health
- AXA - Global Healthcare
- Bupa On Demand
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr Antonis Kaintatzis does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Antonis Kaintatzis does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Antonis Kaintatzis does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.