- Qualified in medicine from University of Bristol in 1992.
- Surgical trainee in Bristol, Bath and Plymouth (1992-1998).
- Higher surgical trainee in orthopaedic and trauma surgery, Southampton university hospital and Wessex region (1998-2003).
- Specialist Fellow in shoulder & elbow surgery and sports injuries. Princess Elizabeth Orthopaedic centre Exeter (2003-2004).
- Specialist Fellow in shoulder and trauma surgery Southampton University Hospital (2004-2005).
- Awarded Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh/Ethicon travelling Fellowship (2004).
- Awarded British Shoulder & Elbow Society European travelling Fellow (2005)
- Masters degree in sport and exercise medicine (SEM) University College London (2005).
- Foundation member of the UK Faculty of Sport & exercise medicine (2006)
- Honorary fellow School of Sport and health sciences University of Exeter (2007).
Sports medicine posts:
- Finish line physician, Hawaii Ironman Triathlon 1991
- Medical and doping officer, British Triathlon Association 1992-2002
- Team Physician, UK Triathlon team 1996-2002
- Medical Director, Commonwealth Games Triathlon, Manchester 2002
- Honorary Orthopaedic and Sports Injury Consultant to Plymouth Argyle FC, Plymouth Albion RFC and Plymouth Raiders pro basketball team.
- Monday or Wednesday PM by arrangement
- Orthopaedic Consultant, Plymouth Hospitals NHS Trust
- Shoulder and elbow surgery (including advanced reconstructive arthroscopic procedures - keyhole surgery, joint replacement, sports injuries, complex upper limb reconstruction)
- Knee surgery (arthroscopic surgery, joint replacement, sports injuries)
- Sports injuries (surgical and non-surgical treatment)
- Trauma surgery (bone, joint, tendon and ligament injuries)
- Medicolegal reports (personal injury and clinical negligence claims)
- British Orthopaedic Association
- British Association of Sport &
- Exercise Medicine
- British Elbow &
- Shoulder Society
- British Trauma Association
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
DeclarationMr Andrew Murphy works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health
Mr Andrew Murphy does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Andrew Murphy does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Andrew Murphy does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.