Mr Andrew Langston
MB BCh , BSc, MRCS FRCS (Tr. & Orth.)
GMC number: 4207430
Practicing since: 1995
- Weekly clinics available
Or call us on
Mr Langston is a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at Vale Hospital and his areas of interest include hip and knee arthroplasty, revision surgery, and treatment of all hip and knee conditions including sports injury.
He qualified in 1995 from the University Wales College of Medicine and became a Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh in 2004 completing his fellowship training in Flinders Medical Centre & Adelaide Repatriation Hospital, Adelaide, South Australia before returning home where he has been practicing as a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon since 2006 at Princess of Wales Hospital, Bridgend and Neath Port Talbot Hospital.
Mr Langston is Clinical supervisor for Specialist Registrars in Trauma & Orthopaedics and is regularly involved in teaching medical students from Swansea and Cardiff Universities. He is also a member of All Wales Training Committee in Orthopaedics.
Hip replacement surgery, total knee replacement, revision surgery, knee arthroscopy, arthroscopic meniscectomy and treatment of all hip and knee conditions including sports injury
Lower limb surgery
Rugby and enjoys playing golf
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Andrew Langston at Nuffield Health
- Knee replacement revision
- Knee replacement
- Knee arthroscopy
- Hip replacement
Locations Mr Andrew Langston works with
1. Posterior Dislocation of Hips in Adolescents During Rugby, Journal of A&E Medicine 2000; 17:429-431
Authors: K.Mohanty, S.K.Gupta, A.Langston
2. Can A Compartment Syndrome Be Masked by a P.C.A. Following intramedullary Nailing of Tibial Fractures? Abstract: JBJS 2002. Authors: A.Langston, H.Richards, R.Kulkarni, E.M.Downes.
3. Does Patient Controlled Analgesia Delay The Diagnosis Of Compartment Syndrome Following Intramedullary Nailing Of The Tibia? Journal of Injury (2004) 35, 296-298, Authors: H.Richards, A.Langston, R.Kulkarni, E.M.Downes.
- Fellow of Royal College of Surgeons
- British Orthopaedic Association
- British Trauma Society
- Medical Protection Society
- All Wales Training Committee in Orthopaedics
Other posts held
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board. Based at Princess of Wales Hospital, Bridgend and Neath Port Talbot Hospital.
Insurers Mr Andrew Langston works with
Mr Andrew Langston works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Benenden Health
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Freedom Health
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Mr Andrew Langston does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Andrew Langston does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Andrew Langston does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.