Mr Kelly is an orthopaedic surgeon with 20 years of experience in knee, foot & ankle surgery. He was educated at Cambridge and Oxford Universities, trained in orthopaedics in Bristol and completed specialist Fellowships at Flinders University of South Australia (Foot & Ankle) and the prestigious SPORTSMED.SA (knee & sports surgery).
Mr Kelly holds a substantive NHS Consultant post at Musgrove Park Hospital where he deals with all aspects of elective and trauma surgery.
Interests include less invasive surgery through the use of advanced keyhole joint surgery (arthroscopy) techniques, partial knee replacement and x-ray guided minimal invasive foot surgery.
Mr Kelly contributes to a rapidly advancing field of clinical practice through publishing in, and peer reviewing for, scientific journals, through appointment to the UK Faculty for AO (Association for the Study of Internal Fixation) and as Principle Investigator for eight national clinical trials.
Mr Kelly performs the following at Nufffield Health Taunton Hospital:
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Andrew Kelly at Nuffield Health
- Ingrown toenail (and ingrown toenail surgery)
- Manipulation under anaesthesia (MUA)
- Fusion of big toe
- Bone Graft
- Toe surgery
- Tibial osteotomy
- Bilateral Tenotomy
- Image guided joint injections
- Toe joint fusion
- Hallux Valgus Surgery
- Knee surgery (ACL repair)
- Knee replacement revision
- Extensive muscle repair
- Knee replacement
- Knee arthroscopy
- Extracorporeal shockwave therapy (ESWT)
- Forefoot reconstructive surgery
- Ankle ligament repair
- Flat foot correction
- Keller's arthroplasty
- Achilles repair or reconstruction
- Subtalar arthroscopy
- Foot and ankle surgery
- Ankle arthroscopy
- Ankle fusion
- Ankle replacement
- Royal College of Surgeons
- Medical Protection Society
- British Orthopaedic Association
- British Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society
- British Association for Surgery of the Knee
- American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Surgery
Other post held
- Musgrove Park Hospital, Taunton and Somerset NHS Foundation Trust
Insurers Mr Andrew Kelly works with
Mr Andrew Kelly works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Freedom Health
- Medical Care Direct
- Tesco Bank
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Mr Andrew Kelly does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Andrew Kelly does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Andrew Kelly does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.