Mr Kelly is an orthopaedic surgeon with 20 years of experience in knee, foot and ankle surgery. He was educated at Cambridge and Oxford Universities, trained in orthopaedics in Bristol and completed specialist Fellowships at Flinders University of South Australia (foot and ankle) and the prestigious SPORTSMED.SA (knee and sports surgery).
Mr Kelly holds a substantive NHS Consultant post at Musgrove Park Hospital where he deals with all aspects of elective and trauma surgery.
Interests include less invasive surgery through the use of advanced keyhole joint surgery (arthroscopy) techniques and x-ray guided minimal invasive foot surgery.
Mr Kelly contributes to a rapidly advancing field of clinical practice through publishing in, and peer reviewing for scientific journals. He is the principal investigator for ten national clinical studies that are supported by the National Institute for Health Research. Mr Kelly is on the UK Faculty for AO (Association for the Study of Internal Fixation), for the British Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Society and for the Royal College of Surgeons.
Mr Kelly performs the following at Nuffield Health Taunton Hospital:
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Andrew Kelly at Nuffield Health
- Ingrown toenail (and ingrown toenail surgery)
- Manipulation under anaesthesia (MUA)
- Fusion of big toe
- Bone Graft
- Toe surgery
- Tibial osteotomy
- Bilateral Tenotomy
- Image guided joint injections
- Toe joint fusion
- Steroid injections
- Hallux Valgus Surgery
- Extensive muscle repair
- Bunion surgery (bunionectomy)
- Knee replacement
- Knee arthroscopy
- Extracorporeal shockwave therapy (ESWT)
- Anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) repair
- Forefoot reconstructive surgery
- Ankle ligament repair
- Flat foot correction
- Keller's arthroplasty
- Achilles repair or reconstruction
- Subtalar arthroscopy
- Foot and ankle surgery
- Ankle arthroscopy
- Ankle fusion
- Royal College of Surgeons
- Medical Protection Society
- British Orthopaedic Association
- British Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society
- British Association for Surgery of the Knee
- American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Surgery
Other posts held
- Musgrove Park Hospital, Taunton and Somerset NHS Foundation Trust
Insurers Mr Andrew Kelly works with
Mr Andrew Kelly works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA Health
- AXA - Global Healthcare
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Freedom Health
- Medical Care Direct
- Tesco Bank
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Mr Andrew Kelly does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Andrew Kelly does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Andrew Kelly does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.